C63s ordered.... I'm back!!!... I think

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
Hello gents...

Well i am back... Jumping out of my M4 which i had tuned up to 540hp with all the nice carbon bits from BMW and MPE Exhaust however. After loosing shed loads of money in 8 months i decided to put a deposit on the c63s coupe.

One predicament i have is that i am due to go on a road trip to Italy around 8th July.. Car is scheduled to arrive at port on 29th June, and then be delivered few days later to the dealer. In anybody's experience was their car delayed exceptionally or on time or early?

I dont mind shaving a few days of the trip maximum 3 but if its going to be really long i will move the trip to August....

Not sure if i should risk it and hope its not delayed or change the holiday till August and give myself breathing time.... Weather is better in August so tha is my reason for not wanting to delay it...

Any helpful advice?!:dk:

Why put yourself through unnecessary stress about whether the car will be delivered late and mess up your trip to Italy? Personally I'd move the trip back a bit now.

That said, depending upon where you're heading August can be a bit hot & humid in parts of Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also does a C63s need a running in service like the BMW M's at 1,200... I thought i read somewhere that the diff oil needs changing at 3k but no running in service?

Hello gents...

Well i am back... Jumping out of my M4 which i had tuned up to 540hp with all the nice carbon bits from BMW and MPE Exhaust however. After loosing shed loads of money in 8 months i decided to put a deposit on the c63s coupe.

One predicament i have is that i am due to go on a road trip to Italy around 8th July.. Car is scheduled to arrive at port on 29th June, and then be delivered few days later to the dealer. In anybody's experience was their car delayed exceptionally or on time or early?

I dont mind shaving a few days of the trip maximum 3 but if its going to be really long i will move the trip to August....

Not sure if i should risk it and hope its not delayed or change the holiday till August and give myself breathing time.... Weather is better in August so tha is my reason for not wanting to delay it...

Mine has been delayed should have been in U.K. Approx 22nd march , I relied on it being on time, sold my car in anticipation because I wasn't told it was late until after the due date. Now waiting for it to arrive, it's built and somewhere in transit. Personally I wouldn't rely on their dates.

Mine was originally due 3rd week of March but moved back to 5th April delivered to the dealership. Got s call last Thursday asking to rush the paperwork through to avoid the VED increase which was done on Friday. I believe the dealer did this with confirmation the car was in the UK. The car arrived at the dealers today but I can't collect until next Monday due to being away on holiday. They did say I could collect later this week so I guess less than a week from arrival in the UK to collection is possible if you stay on top of the dealer.

ahhhh ok so its pretty hit and miss.. I was thinking about waiting at Calais on the date it is meant to arrive and see if i can hurry the driver of the lorry along with a few Euro..

Welcome back - will you be tuning the C63s like the M?

I am very tempted to tune it, i think to start with i will throw an IPE exhaust on it, some spacers and some springs... Maybe after a few months i will take it to stage 2 :)

I know a few have been tuned by GAD, are they on here?

I don't know any that have been mappped on here - mbworld forum has more threads about tuning.

Hello gents...

I ordered my C63 Coupe S late November last year. Scheduled delivery date 20/04. I was informed about a month ago that the date had moved back to Mid May. I was told there was a part shortage affecting delivery dates of all C63s. Whether or not that was true and if so, whether or not they are catching back up with the backlog, I've no idea.

I love my '45 to bits but I am getting impatient now! :)

I ordered my C63 Coupe S late November last year. Scheduled delivery date 20/04. I was informed about a month ago that the date had moved back to Mid May. I was told there was a part shortage affecting delivery dates of all C63s. Whether or not that was true and if so, whether or not they are catching back up with the backlog, I've no idea.

I love my '45 to bits but I am getting impatient now! :)
Ordered beginning of January scheduled for delivery 3rd week march, was delivered to dealership Thursday and collected yesterday. Don't know what the reason for delay was but not bothered now. What a car!

Also would like to mention user JBD, based at Mercedes Norwich. If you are looking to buy a Mercedes,definitely contact him

Ordered yesterday from Epsom Mercedes and spec confirmed.. I have gone for black with the black wheels and carbon interior, head up, all the packages pretty much lol.

I was going to get the ceramic brakes but i was reading an article in German which said that they only have ceramics on the front and not the rear, no wonder they were 4k!

I also am debating the whole carbon package although 5,250 is quite a lot... On the M3 cutters forum they had a BMW dealer who sponsored and got M Performance parts massively discounted, is that the case on here, do we have a forum sponsor Mercedes Parts dealer?

Also is the driver assistance package for £1,650 worth it?!!?

I ordered the driving assistance pack - it's my daily driver - the distronic and active blind spot assist are essential- I have them in the family wagon (v class) and I can't imagine not having them now. I have a Touareg as my daily at the moment and I particularly miss the Distronic in average speed Limts where it's incredibly useful

I went
C63s
Selenite grey
Premium pack
Black big wheels (19/20)
Black ash dash
360 camera
heads up
Night pack
Driving assistance pack

Due in late July/ August although I will
Probably wait till ten new reg on the 1st sept .

Can't wait. They leant me one for the weekend to test drive and everything since then has seemed boring!

Anyway I vote get the assistance pack

Also anything I want in carbon fibre I figured I could get wrapped for a fraction of the cost - possibly the rear spoiler and then Trims on the bottoms of the doors only - that being said I'm a big fan of leaving Cars stock

Last edited:
Hello gents...

What spec did you order?

In my experience after 2 W205 C63's, they could do with a bit more noise - not sure what to do on one yet but they need a bit of sound freeing up imo.

Thanks for your input

So i have the following
Obsidian Black
Black Wheels
Premium Package with pano roof, clock and nicer leather, Burmeister
Driving Assistance package
Carbon Interior
Head Up
Night Pack

I think that is it. I have seen that Mode Carbon over in the US which have nice carbon bits offer the same things for half the price and yes getting it wrapped is a good idea..

Ceramics i have opted out due to the rears being steel and not ceramic.

I spanked one on the weekend and the exhaust sounded good and i was concerned that it would be to quiet but drove in race mode and felt really good..

Coming from a 540hp M4 with MPE and downpipes and no cats i think my neighbours will appreciate me not turning this car into another ASBO.

However i have been able to source IPE exhausts for around 4k

I got a 15 month old C63s last month, a lovely blue estate with HUD, premium pack, night pack and switchable exhaust. My first AMG, in fact my first Mercedes.

My wife and daughter want a dog so I sad we need an estate car then;) that was my excuse.

I absolutely love it. The noise, the speed, the seats the whole lot!

By the way people, if anyone is struggling to get a C63 coupe, I've just been allocated an extra 2 C63S Coupe's for June build, July arrival, both spec amendable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom