C63S Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi Guys,

Might be about to get a 2015 C63S Premium and have a few questions you might be able to help with.

Should it have remote connect where I can unlock / lock the car via Iphone?

Is Active park assist where the car can try park itself?

Does apple car play work on this model / year?

Remote open AND close of boot?

Anti Collision where the car brakes at slow speed to pervent fron collision?

Does tyre pressure monitor measure pressure or rolling circumfrance through ABS? Is it a standard fit?

Cheers All!

Last edited:
I have a 2015 C63 Premium, so a similar spec, absolutely love it

Should it have remote connect where I can unlock / lock the car via Iphone?
Yes, you have to get it activated via the dealer.

Is Active park assist where the car can try park itself?
Yes, but only parallel parking

Does apple car play work on this model / year?
No, I don't believe the Saloon has it. You're not missing out though. It's pretty poor.

Remote open AND close of boot?
Yes, I believe you also get the easy entry where you can swipe your leg under the boot for it to open as well. Mine has it anyhow.

Anti Collision where the car brakes at slow speed to pervent fron collision?
I think it only assists with the breaking, adds level, not 100% sure.

Does tyre pressure monitor measure pressure or rolling circumfrance through ABS? Is it a standard fit?
Pressure, standard fit.

Fantastic!!!

Does yours close with the leg action too?

I am picking mine up Thursday he he he I had a 2013 6.2 last year so looking forward to a new update!

Hi Again,

If only parallel parking, what other type of parking is there it doesnt do that another option would?

I am getting the car not from a dealer, can remote lock etc, still be activated as I read its free for 3 years?

Cheers!!!

Yep, it does close with swiping my leg. I have found on occasions that dependant on where your keys are located on you, i.e. on the far side from the car, than it doesn't always open. Same with just pulling the door handle to get in to the car

Hi Again,

If only parallel parking, what other type of parking is there it doesnt do that another option would?

I am getting the car not from a dealer, can remote lock etc, still be activated as I read its free for 3 years?

Cheers!!!

Some newer models can reverse park in to bays as well.

If you so to a mail dealer they will be able to activate it for you. It's a 5 minute thing for them, you may have to prove your ownership.

Park assist on the W205 will do bay parking too. It's a very good implementation.

Mine is a Dec 2014 build and has it.

There are some limitations though (from the manual):
Active Parking Assist does not assist you parking in spaces at a right angle to the direction of travel if:
- two parking spaces are located directly next to one another
- the parking space is directly next to a low obstacle such as a low kerb
you forward-park
Active Parking Assist does not assist you parking in spaces that are parallel or at a right angle to the direction of travel if:
- the parking space is on a kerb
- the system reads the parking space as being blocked, such as by foliage or grass paving blocks
- the area is too small for the vehicle to manoeuvre into
- the parking space is bordered by an obstacle, e.g. a tree, a post or a trailer

http://moba.i.daimler.com/baix/cars..._47.shtml:ID_49c33db48405e423351f19150955fd6a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom