C63S saloon exhaust system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It may be expensive but a hand made exhaust with hundreds of hours of design isn't going to be cheap. Look at what McLaren or Ferrari charge for simple luxuries or additional carbon fibre on their cars and a decent exhaust becomes very reasonable. As an aside I have a friend who is a Saville Row tailor and a client has just spent close to £10,000 on a cashmere overcoat with material costing close to £80 a sq meter. Ouch!!

Yes when you put it like that 10% is a lot for an exhaust and even with that there’s no garauntee that it will sound good.

I think I will wait for a while and hope more people can give feedback on this topic, maybe by then putting exhausts on c63 on newer models may become more common.

On a C63 W204 it sounds quite unbelievable from startup through to top end....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Or on the W204 here is the official video....

That Akrapovic exhaust for the 204 sounds so much better than all the decat variations I've heard which are just unsophisticated raspy noises. The Akrapovic actually retains the AMG growl.

The quieter exhausts may be a consequence of the new WLTP regs.

Yes it’s due to the regs they have added extra filters to make the car quiter. The way I’ll know which exhaust to put on is when someone has put one on exhaust their 2019 model and it becomes more common. But with the prices of these systems I can see why people choose not to.

The reason for the filter isn't noise, it's to reduce emissions. A side effect of that is the extra muffling effect the filter has.

Noise is wasted energy - reduce the noise and you reduce the energy consumed....

So do you guys think because of this extra filter by putting on an exhaust system won’t have much affect?

So do you guys think because of this extra filter by putting on an exhaust system won’t have much affect?

Not an expert but my guess is that if you replace the factory fitted exhaust with an aftermarket version then the filter is no longer in play.

How this might affect warranty or emissions regulations at MOT time should also be considered as it could be an expensive mistake otherwise.

I have been quoted £6k for akro.

That's possibly a little steep. around 5.5k EURO in Germany.

I have driven a 2016 and 2019 C63s and I don't think they sound any different. The sound will alter with mileage for sure.

A German Colleague of min has a C63 wagon with an Akropovic pipe, larger down pipes and a Performmaster tuning module running 600+ wheel hp, expensive mods but its a different league, its a full race system and practically the same as fitted to the AMG GTR as well.

I believe the warranty in the UK for the engine will be void as you will be modifying a part of the gas flow system that effects emission performance.

Noise is wasted energy - reduce the noise and you reduce the energy consumed....
You really are a joyous bundle of fun aren't you...

The noise is still there, it's just killed before it exits the car. Same amount of wasted energy. Except in reality it's probably more wasted energy as the exhaust is now more of a restriction than it was before WLTP.

There are plenty of people on AMG PL complaining about the lack of sound from their 2019 C63S. They say they don’t match the early demo cars and videos.

I didn’t buy my AMG to wake the dead, but I want a bit of the classic AMG growl when I press the throttle hard.

Yes it’s true they are too quite. What forum is this discussion going on? Could u direct me?

That’s why I’m not relying on you tube videos to hear the sound. I need someone first hand saying yes it was worth changing the exhaust or no it made no difference don’t waste your money.

Thank you, is there a direct link to this sorry I’m new and still learning how to find stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom