C63S saloon exhaust system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arfyg

Car
C63s saloon
Hello,

I have purchased a new 2019 C63S saloon and the car is too quite for my liking.

I previously has an M3 and changed the exhaust from bmw and this sounded great with no warranty issues.

Does anyone have a 2019 model and have they changed their exhausts system? If so which one would you recommend?

And has anyone had any warranty issues with changing the exhaust system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you not got the switchable sports exhaust?
Hi

Yes the c63s comes with the performance exhaust as standard and believe me it’s still very quite.

The whole reason why u buy a c63 is for the sound. I appreciate new laws mean cars are quoted but this is too quite.

Any guidance or recommendations would be great

Hi

Yes the c63s comes with the performance exhaust as standard and believe me it’s still very quite.

The whole reason why u buy a c63 is for the sound. I appreciate new laws mean cars are quoted but this is too quite.

Any guidance or recommendations would be great

Sorry, I can't help with aftermarket recommendations.

I recently sold a 2016 C63s... I was quite happy with the sound from the performance exhaust but I appreciate folk have different tastes/expectations

I think the 2016 sounded better. I know the new 2019 facelift models are even quieter due to regulations.

I think the 2016 sounded better. I know the new 2019 facelift models are even quieter due to regulations.

I wasn't aware the facelift models were quieter!

The noise is a large part of what makes AMG's special for me.

Yes the 2019 models are quiter vs 2018 and below. That’s why I need to know if someone is in a similar position as me and if they have what exhaust system have they put on.

I have a 2016 and find it quiet. Can't imagine what the new car is like! And I too have the performance exhaust...

I have a 2016 and find it quiet. Can't imagine what the new car is like! And I too have the performance exhaust...

Yes you must feel my pain. I’ve done a lot of research into this and it appears the catalytic converter is doing a very good job in keeping the beast quite. The performance exhaust doesn’t even have a silencer to remove.

It looks like the only way to unleash the true sound is to do a full exhaust conversion by removing that cat which will cause issues with sensors turning on and your warranty and mot.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Curious to see if you've heard your car under load from outside (i.e. with someone else driving)? I was surprised just how much louder my car sounds from the outside. I heard a W205 C63s near my dealer recently, admittedly not the FL - but it sounded plenty loud enough from the outside. To get it loud inside would mean it would have to be REALLY loud outside - probably pretty anti-social tbh.

With that said I would like a bit more volume inside the car - I guess that's why the windows come down whenever I go for a spin...

Curious to see if you've heard your car under load from outside (i.e. with someone else driving)? I was surprised just how much louder my car sounds from the outside. I heard a W205 C63s near my dealer recently, admittedly not the FL - but it sounded plenty loud enough from the outside. To get it loud inside would mean it would have to be REALLY loud outside - probably pretty anti-social tbh.

With that said I would like a bit more volume inside the car - I guess that's why the windows come down whenever I go for a spin...

You have made a fair point, I have heard it from the outside and it does sound nice but not the way a 4.0 V8 should.

I wouldn’t want it to sound anti social but if it was louder would be wicked.

I’ve had people say that it’s quite considering what car it is. You buy an AMG for that reason.

I don’t want to spend thousands and find it doesn’t make much difference that’s why it would be great if someone who has changed their exhaust can give honest feedback.

I’ve been quoted £4.5k for an ipe exhaust cat back but no one can say what the improvement will be like.

Has anyone got this on their c63? If so worth the money?

If the money is available I would have installed an Akropovic exhaust on the C63. Three different sound settings and the noise is sublime. Not cheap but so pleasing. Quality costs.

That sounds about right inc fitting and VAT. Have you ever heard any of their products up close...their craftsmanship and the aural enhancement is something else. By far the best, but as you can see not the cheapest.

What I’m fast finding out is certain shops push certain exhaust systems, some say miltek, some ipe, some will push Remus but Akro seems to be the daddy hence the price.

If anyone has an akro on their c63 please do get it in touch

I have been quoted £6k for akro.

c 10% of the value of the car on an exhaust = :):eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom