C63s servicing cost vs service plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dopper99

Car
C63s Coupe
When I bought my new C63s 3 weeks ago I signed up to the 3 year service plan which is £45 a month. I'm now wondering if I've done the right thing.

I have a 3 year PCP but may change it between 2 and 3 years. So that would mean 2 services (I assume?). For what I'm paying now, that would be £1080 in 24 months in service plan costs.
But how much are the 1st and 2nd services?

I'm assuming they may come to less than £1080, in which case I may have cocked up taking out the 3 year service plan. :(:wallbash:

How long do you get to cancel the service plan?

Thanks.

Hi, you just ring them up and they work out the difference and take away the administrative fee and refund you the money for the 3rd service.

That’s good info for me too , mrs has just bought a GLC 43 and signing up for it too. Sounds like a flexible system.

When I bought my new C63s 3 weeks ago I signed up to the 3 year service plan which is £45 a month. I'm now wondering if I've done the right thing.

I have a 3 year PCP but may change it between 2 and 3 years. So that would mean 2 services (I assume?). For what I'm paying now, that would be £1080 in 24 months in service plan costs.

I'm assuming they may come to less than £1080, in which case I may have cocked up taking out the 3 year service plan. :(:wallbash:

Thanks.

I cant believe your thinking about the change process and timing already ?
Thanks for all help with the info, I’m getting closer.

I cant believe your thinking about the change process and timing already ?
Thanks for all help with the info, I’m getting closer.

Hi Rob, good to see you on here also! :)

No, not thinking about the change process, but thinking how I can save money on servicing!

My thought is this .... I'm highly unlikely to change the keep the car beyond 36 months (my PCP). So why pay for 3 years servicing? I mean, I paying for a 3rd service that will be for the benefit of someone else (ie next owner). Whereas if I change after say 2.5 years, have 2 services, then there no point in having 3 years servicing. I'm paying for 3 services but only need 2.

Hi Rob, good to see you on here also! :)

No, not thinking about the change process, but thinking how I can save money on servicing!

My thought is this .... I'm highly unlikely to change the keep the car beyond 36 months (my PCP). So why pay for 3 years servicing? I mean, I paying for a 3rd service that will be for the benefit of someone else (ie next owner). Whereas if I change after say 2.5 years, have 2 services, then there no point in having 3 years servicing. I'm paying for 3 services but only need 2.

...so you should have signed-up for a 2-service plan, instead of a 3-service.

At this point I suggest you call up the Mercedes Benz Service Care Plan customer services and ask them what are your options.

E.g.:

Cancel the plan for partial refund?

Change or replace the 3-service plan with a 2-service plan?

Transfer the 3rd service to a new car (assuming it's MB)?

Etc.

They will be best placed to advise you and can also implement whatever option you choose from those available to you.

...so you should have signed-up for a 2-service plan, instead of a 3-service.

At this point I suggest you call up the Mercedes Benz Service Care Plan customer services and ask them what are your options.

E.g.:

Cancel the plan for partial refund?

Change or replace the 3-service plan with a 2-service plan?

Transfer the 3rd service to a new car (assuming it's MB)?

Etc.

They will be best placed to advise you and can also implement whatever option you choose from those available to you.

This is good info for me, mrs has just bought the GLC so will apply same logic wrt services, 2 sounds much better. I guess the 3rd service could be the costly one ?

Thanks for that markjay.

Also as mentioned in my original post, I'm going to find out how much the first and second services are, see if they are less than £1080.

This is good info for me, mrs has just bought the GLC so will apply same logic wrt services, 2 sounds much better. I guess the 3rd service could be the costly one ?

Yeah, the way I see it Rob, unless you are keeping the car well after 3 years to get the value from the 3rd service, I dont see any point in taking out the 3 year/3 service plan.

I wish the sales guy would assist with this sort of thing when you are buying the car! I least I didnt get stung with the £600 they wanted for GAP. I take my own out with a 3rd party company.

Thanks for that markjay.

Also as mentioned in my original post, I'm going to find out how much the first and second services are, see if they are less than £1080.

Ill wager it will cost more than the payments made under the plan - remember that the quotes costs for a service not include all required items in the schedule such as filters and fluid changes (brakes, gearbox etc) - the service plan includes everything in the schedule

Yes , I’m about to arrange our GAP through our friendly company from Bimmerpost .
See if I can get the 10% forum discount too.

Ill wager it will cost more than the payments made under the plan - remember that the quotes costs for a service not include all required items in the schedule such as filters and fluid changes (brakes, gearbox etc) - the service plan includes everything in the schedule
Those extras wont be required up to 3 years old though?

Thanks for that markjay.

Just had my 1st service, list was £360 got it done for £230 as supplied own oil.

I had a 3 year plan on my E350 coupe at £35 per month Inc vat, this April it was due it's 3rd service, but I traded it at the end of March for another and cancelled the plan, that plan cost £420 per year they will reimburse me £384:94 so they keep £35:06 for admin. I've now taken out another 3 year plan at the same cost for my "new" one owner E350 coupe, the dealer before collection did a full service, it is also still under warranty, so for the next three years my full MB service costs will not rise in price, I was also fortunate to have done this before the 5th April when Mercedes increased their service plan costs, what's not to like? :thumb:

Thanks.
You did the right thing. MB servicing costs a lot!

When I did the calculation for my W204 with the M274 petrol engine and the 7G+ autobox, it worked-out that paying outright for an A Service with no additional items was cheaper than paying for it through a Service Care Plan.

But for a B Service, or for an A Service with any additional items, the Service Care Plan worked-out cheaper.

But with other models/engines the calculation might be different.

When I did the calculation for my W204 with the M274 petrol engine and the 7G+ autobox, it worked-out that paying outright for an A Service with no additional items was cheaper than paying for it through a Service Care Plan.

But for a B Service, or for an A Service with any additional items, the Service Care Plan worked-out cheaper.

But with other models/engines the calculation might be different.

Thanks will get some info and do same comparison for the GLC. Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom