C63S Switchable Exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi Guys,

Might be getting a C63S shortly and it has the switchable exhaust option.
Anyone comment on how different in sound the modes are, I believe there are three modes?

Two modes loud and louder......

RR

Valves closed car is very quiet

Valves open its a good sound especially for a factory system and when in sport + or manual get some lovely pops and crackles on downshifts

With the switchable exhaust, it flicks to 'Louder' automatically in Sport+, but can be switched manually at any other time. It makes a decent difference and is worthwhile, although ironically probably more for the ability to switch it down when you've had enough of the noise, yet still want to enjoy Sport+ mode for a while longer.

It's not as loud as the exhaust on the GTS when that one is in 'Loud' setting, but it's close.

Valves closed car is very quiet

Valves open its a good sound especially for a factory system and when in sport + or manual get some lovely pops and crackles on downshifts

.....don't think you can call it very quiet with the valves closed, you can still hear the engine note inside the car and my wife know when I come into our road when she's in the house.......

.....don't think you can call it very quiet with the valves closed, you can still hear the engine note inside the car and my wife know when I come into our road when she's in the house.......

Probably just me and what I'm used to

You're right, it's not, but it's all relative I guess. Those AMG exhaust engineers remain some of the best in the business of making good noise that fits under the EU legislation in my view, so praise be for that!

You're right, it's not, but it's all relative I guess. Those AMG exhaust engineers remain some of the best in the business of making good noise that fits under the EU legislation in my view, so praise be for that!

Very true. I find it hard to believe the exhausts are legal.

The 63coupe especially.
It's roaming the streets growling, with pops and bangs.

Must be illegal in Switzerland. :) :)

Great stuff!

Hope to be picking up Thursday!

It muted and tame for motorway journeys in its off mode.

When its on, you know it is.

The latest MY17 C63 Coupe sounds different to MY16 Coupe and Saloon I tested and borrowed. Different in a better way - deeper, more growl, louder etc...

Sometimes you get even bigger cracks than the normal ensemble on downshifts in sport plus and you just find yourself laughing.

Enjoy!

It burbles loudly in normal mode. Push the button and burbles louder. It's intoxicating. The blips and pops on the downshifts in Sport+ make it sound even better. I have it in Individual mode with everything in Sport+ except the suspension.

2 weeks old and no regrets. Amazeballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom