C63s W205 Purchase Advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tesh23

Car
C63s
Hi,

First post from a newbie! I live in Birmingham and looking to buy a C63s W205 Coupe. I understand the pre-facelift sounds better but are there any modifications that can be carried out to the post-facelift model with the petrol particulate filter to make it sound like the pre-facelift model?

Hi,

First post from a newbie! I live in Birmingham and looking to buy a C63s W205 Coupe. I understand the pre-facelift sounds better but are there any modifications that can be carried out to the post-facelift model with the petrol particulate filter to make it sound like the pre-facelift model?
Welcome aboard. Pre-facelift cars do sound much better, any modifications you can do to the post-2018 cars would likely involve removing the secondary CAT, installing new downpipes etc. Someone with more knowledge will be along shortly to explain I hope! I assume you want a newer car because of the updated interior etc? That was my plan originally too, but once i'd heard a pre-facelift car in person, the desire for the updated interior went out of my head. I would test drive some cars first before you write off one of the earlier models.

Seriously, once you've driven one, windows down in S+ wide open (and on the downshift!) you might change your mind :D

I am completely biased of course and this is just my opinion.

They're awesome cars whichever one you buy, some of the last V8's too, get one whilst you can!

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t rules out a pre-facelift but I can’t find on for sale in the ‘right’ spec. I’d be interested to hear from anyone that is looking to sell their C63s coupe.

Do you recommend any exhaust mods for the pre-facelift?

What spec are you looking for?

In terms of exhaust mods, I like the sound of mine as it is, but there are lots of options from all the well known manufacturers etc - which reminds me, make sure your spec includes the ‘Switchable Exhaust’ - that’ll give you the extra valves 😀, so even without mods it’ll sound as AMG intended.

Thanks, noted.

Spec - C63s coupe, in black or grey. Low mileage, 1-2 owners, night pack, premium plus, black AMG wheels, carbon fibre interior, no red leather!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom