C63S winter tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breener

Car
C63 S AMG coupe
Morning folks,
Have a new C63S coupe. Staggered wheels 19/20. Live in Northern Ireland and will need winter tyres. Obviously not just for snow but for cold and wet weather, which the majority of our weather tends to be!
I have had the Michelin Alpin winter tyres recommended to me. They have the precise size for current wheels which is good because I don’t want to replace the wheels. Plus Michelin are doing £100 off when purchased. Seems a reasonable deal.
Does anyone have any experience of the Michelin’s ?
Thanks!

The discount will cover one season of off and on (only)
If you're keeping it for a few years, a second set of wheels may make sense and save potential damage to your 'summer' wheels

I wish I'd done that a couple years ago for mine, but might still do......

The tyres do well on tyre reviews, but you'll test any and all winter tyres to the limit unless you're easy with the right foot in that car!

I changed to Pilot Alpin 4 tyres last winter, it wasn't a particularly bad winter, but they did perform great for what I used them for (only 1000 miles). As above, I bought a second set of wheels to save the cost and risk of damaging my original wheels each time the tyres needed to go on/come off.
4th Merc, but new to forum

I've only heard good things about them and I believe quite a few members on here are using them.

I don't have experience of any other winter tyres but the Michelin PA4 drove well in all conditions last year. Only defeated by ice underneath the snow on a steep hill and the fact I had to do a standing start because someone else was stuck in the way.

I have 225/40/18 all round which is good for snow but with the 6.2 litre engine it's easy to overcome them.

Auto Express did their annual test a couple of weeks ago (25/09 edition 1594) The Alpin 6 came 3rd, out of 10. The latest Goodyear performance+ won pushing the usual winner Conti. TS860, which I have, into second. According to them the top three are about the same price but obviously without the discount you mention.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

PA4 certainly fits the saloon and estate. mine took a month from order to delivery.

got aftermarket alloys for the wheels. gbp 550 f0r a set of 4, staggered.

they work great in under 3 degrees. very good in snow. struggle a bit on frozen solid ice forming from snow on ungritted roads .
more comfortable than MPSS summer tyres especially when they harden up in the cold.

solid wet weather performance.

struggle above around 10 degrees, steering feel gets too heavy as expected.

very good longevity, these tyres took an absolute battering over winter with around 5k miles and no significant wear.

they'll never corner as well as summer tyres but they grip like velcro before giving up

also longer braking distances in dry weather than summer tyres.

I'll stick them back on at the start of december I think

Morning folks,
Have a new C63S coupe. Staggered wheels 19/20. Live in Northern Ireland and will need winter tyres. Obviously not just for snow but for cold and wet weather, which the majority of our weather tends to be!
I have had the Michelin Alpin winter tyres recommended to me. They have the precise size for current wheels which is good because I don’t want to replace the wheels. Plus Michelin are doing £100 off when purchased. Seems a reasonable deal.
Does anyone have any experience of the Michelin’s ?
Thanks!
I'll be looking at this too
Northern Ireland winters can be awful, as can our summers haha

Where abouts in NI are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom