Cabin filter and air filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aded

Car
W204 C180 2012
Hi all.I changed my air filter today, old one very dirty,May be never being change by former owner.I bought new cabin filter but the one I took out was very new, so I stick it back on. All good

Attachments

• E74D1D1C-8C14-4FAA-80A8-646B78833F66.jpeg
    E74D1D1C-8C14-4FAA-80A8-646B78833F66.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Genuine Mercedes air filter looks like it's made by Mann .

Would of been interesting how % dirty an iCarsoft would of made of it .

What actual cabin filter did you get ?

How does icarsoft (I have the MB2) test air filter flow buddy ?

Hi.I did not check with my Icarsoft to know How dirty it was,bcos.I don’t know I can do that, I bought cabin filter,man from Amazon for about £8. I got the link from here.I took the one in the car out, and compared look same only that the one I bought got small plastic at the front edge.Though I put it in and it fit well.I decided to keep till next time bcos the one in the car was very clean or new.May be was changed in October 2019 when I bought the car from Arnold Clark.

How does icarsoft (I have the MB2) test air filter flow buddy ?
The iCarsoft CR Pro does tell you the condition of the air filters, engine and cabin. Not sure about the iCarsoft MB11 though and ......must check it.

By co incidence I replaced my cabin air filter this weekend £7.50 form ECP Cheapo Crosland which I use on all 3 cars they are cheap enough to change more frequently. If I did any city or slow/busy traffic driving I might opt for a genuine MB/MANN+HUMMEL filter , but the Crosland seem to work OK.

P.S I weighed the old one and it was 50g heavier than the new one (sad I know , but I was curious) so it's catching something !

Oh dear , no one should be purchasing the ordinary cheap cabin filters .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom