Cabin odour bombs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
I used one in a car that was probably smoked in by the previous owner.

Followed the instructions.

It set the car alarm off and left a residue all over the interior. It was a mess.

The smell soon returned so I wouldn't recommend it.

I used one in a car that was probably smoked in by the previous owner.

Followed the instructions.

It set the car alarm off and left a residue all over the interior. It was a mess.

The smell soon returned so I wouldn't recommend it.

thanks for this valuable info.
won't buy it.

I've recently used a Meguires odor eliminator bomb, and have to say that it worked very well. Tried everything to remove a smoke smell, but used one of these and it's just worked, plus the smell never returned.

Might be worth a try.

Last edited:
Rather than mask the odour is it not best to elimiate the cause or have you found the cause and treated it?

The only time I have had an unpleasant odour in a car was from a misaligned cabin filter soaking up water and growing mould

Last edited:
sounds interesting, thanks Craig.
Did it leave any residue to wipe off after treatment ?

Is it this one?
Meguiar's® Whole Car Air Re-Fresher Odor Eliminator Mist - New Car Scent, G16402, 2 oz., Aerosol | Meguiar's

That's the one - Didn't leave any residue when used as instructed.

Obviously if possible, it's always best to remove the core source of the odour, but with odours like smoke which penetrate the various surfaces of the interior, it becomes almost impossible to get rid by ordinary cleaning methods.

Rather than mask the odour is it not best to elimiate the cause or have you found the cause and treated it?

The only time I have had an unpleasant odour in a car was from a misaligned cabin filter soaking up water and growing mould

That's the one - Didn't leave any residue when used as instructed.

Obviously if possible, it's always best to remove the core source of the odour, but with odours like smoke which penetrate the various surfaces of the interior, it becomes almost impossible to get rid by ordinary cleaning methods.

My garage have some funky smell from it's poor construction, everytime I open the door to get into my car and take off, smell from garage enters my cabin.
When I get into my car and just sit and sniff (not starting my car) I notice a tiny stale scent in the cabin.
I had my cabin filter replaced and cleaned the interior of my car but smell still persists.
Garage smell creeps into all cars which are garaged.

I have now cancelled my lease for this foul garage and will get another one which is better and non smelly.

I went to a detail shop and manager sat in my car, he told me there is a tiny smell in the background.
He said I could do an ozone treatment, but I fear this will cause issues to plastics, rubbers and leather to dry out probably causing other issues?
On internet I red that it could also cause rust problems if ozone treatment was used?
Don't know about this?

Most harmful thing to do is to first try the odor eliminator if it helps?

Last edited:
I used a Meguiars one in my other half's old SL350. We test drove the car with the roof down so didn't notice the smoke smell until we got it home.

To completely remove the smell, I steam cleaned all the fabrics, cleaned the plastics and set off the Meguiars 'bomb'. It worked pretty well and certainly added a fresher smell inside the car. Didn't make a mess either.

This guy has reviewed car 'air fresheners' - there may be something there that you'll like.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks 24 VRT.

I watched the entire video.
This is one cool bloke who seems to know what he talks about. :cool:
Human guinea pig with face mask and goggles :)
Bloke likes to sniff her cherry over and over ;)
Heh he he. :D

These two brands seem to be interesting:
Chemical Guys - Strippers scent.
Gives me the idea of a smell from a tall legged stripper giving me a lapdance. :) ;)

Autosmart - Blast seem to be a good product which lasts for a long time when sprayed and masks rancid smell.
However spraycan content is low on liquid but more on gas, pay for air is no good purchase.
Longevity 5
Potency 5

I'm looking for a solution of neutral non fragrance elimination as I get headaches from strong chemical smells.
I don't want to puke nor pass out during driving!

I’ve used a steam cleaner in the past and did the trick. Also got some of the new car smell back in a friends golf I did.

I've used Comma air con bombs in the past to good effect with no residue left.

This has always worked well for me...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YSAGUUC/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

cheers

Chris

Looks like this product gave mixed results for people?

At a detailshop I ordered an Autosmart Neutrox shell case for the machine Aromatek treatment.
I will probably do the clean up next week.
Let's hope it will help remove the musty odour I recently got in my car?

I heard from the supplier that ozone killer machines are highly corrosive to metal, plastics, rubber and leather.
It could cause far more problems with an ozone machine.
Maybe newly designes machines are better than the old ones, but I don't want to take the risk of screwing up my interior.

I used a Dakota Odour Bomb to remove cigarette smells from a car.

100% satisfied - smell was exterminated completely.

Would definitely recommend.

I used a Dakota Odour Bomb to remove cigarette smells from a car.

100% satisfied - smell was exterminated completely.

Would definitely recommend.

With small bursts from Dakota spray did you get any residue that looked like a layer of dust covering the interior?
I chatted with a seller of Dakota products, he told me that if Dakota was sprayed in full blast, the content would cover the interior as a layer of dust.
Then needed to wipe it off everywhere where it soiled the cabin.
Seems like lot of work for a full blast spray?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom