Cabriolet Fabric Roof Protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
+1 for Autoglym.

I've had water ingression above the passenger side window where there is a seam joint, it just drips in onto the leather seat and is causing damage to the cream/light grey leather (anyone successfully used a leather restorer?). I have purchased Renovo colour refresher and also the Renovo sealer as they were successful on my previous Brabus roadster. I can see the drainage channels are all clear and have used Gummi Pflege after cleaning all the rubber seals but the outer roof covering material gets absolutely saturated in heavy rainfall and this is overwhelming the drainage channels hence my trying to seal the outer fabric. Hope you get yours sorted.
Are you sure that the drainage channels are clear? There are very small drains running within the rubber seal on the front pillar. I checked mine were clear by pushing a narrow stiff wire down them. Before this I was getting the same problem with water dripping onto front of seat squab. Used fabsil on the roof.......seems as good as any other sealant.

Also a big fan of Autoglym.

fabsil used on all ragtops can be got at for £35 for 1 gallon from camping shop apply with brush very goodstuff recommended

I used Renovo on my Mk1 Golf roof and I think its pretty good, water beads right off.

It is messy putting it on, but bit by bit and hold a cloth to catch any extra running off.

should last a while too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom