Calibration of cameras

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by HorseandJockey, Jul 26, 2017.

1. HorseandJockey

HorseandJockey Member

Car:
    W222
    Hi,

Hope some of you clever Mercedes technical people can help...

Could anyone let me know the correct process that Mercedes use to calibrate the cameras on the front windscreen (mine is a W222), used for Lane Assist, and Steering Assist?

Do they do it in the workshop on a calibrated jig, or take it out on the road?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. niknakmb

niknakmb Active Member

Car:
    a ford :-(
    In the workshop with a calibration jig and I think it has to go on road test also.

3. Conquistador

Conquistador MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2012 S350L BlueTec
    It will be in the workshop with a calibration unit. Not every dealer will have one. It's the same for the unit used to calibrate radar cruise modules. Usually one is shared and travels around between the dealers in a group, Mercedes Essex for example.

4. OP
    OP
    HorseandJockey

HorseandJockey Member

Car:
    W222
    Thanks niknakmb and Conquistidor..... Stealership I used (and never again) are talking b*l!ocks...

They even said today that I should leave the car with them for a couple of days so that the tech could take the car overnight to test it! I said....what you mean they will drive my car home and leave it on their drive etc...Yes they said....{Cough} off was my reply