Caliper blead nipple removal tool. 9mm -11mm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Worth having one just in case. I’ve just ordered a calliper rewind tool for when I put the new discs and pads on

They look like they could easily generate enough torque to shear a seized bleed nipple. Do be careful.

Well they come out ,,or break off,, thing is is its how you go about removing them ..I slip a drill bit in to the hole after cleaning out any crap thats in there to give the nipple a bit more strength .,, then give them lots of penatrating oil .And i think the reason for this tool is to be able just to remove the nipple if it is damaged and normal spanner is a no go .

Worth having one just in case. I’ve just ordered a calliper rewind tool for when I put the new discs and pads on

Bought mine off ebay , £15 . Does almost every make. Even though mercs just push back. It still does a great job.

Not sure I totally see the benefit of this. If the nipple is tight I use a 6 sided socket. I guess it does allow you to insert a drill bit into the centre but you can do with with a deep socket and a cut off drill bit.

Nipple greasing/cleaning should be part of yearly maintenance.

How does a drill bit help a seized bleed nipple tolerate more rotational torque before shearing. I can only see it helping with lateral forces.

A nice bit of kit ! I'd rather have stainless steel nipples.

If you have a hollow tube, like an old car aerial, when you twist it it can collapse in on itself. If the middle is plugged then the sides have to shear for it to fail.

I can see that on a very thin wall tube but didn't envisage it as the failure mechanism for a bleed nipple. If I had an old one I'd put it in a vice and see just exactly how it does fail.

Well we get mixed thoughts on this one i see . Any one that ever faced this problem , will understand the reason to get one . Other wise just fumble on with out one .

After lots of easing fluid, try gently tightening and loosening, heats probably best but try everything. Good luck.

I have before now made a well around seized nuts etc. with blue tack and then filled with plus gas and left for 12 hours. The thing with blue tack is that you can use it in awkward places.

Agree with Dickster apply some heat around the bleed nipple and it will slacken off no problem, lve got a gas welding plant which is handy you can use a small heat torch you refill will lighter gas.🤓.

Just to make this post clear The reason this tool was made is that the rusty,, or damaged nipples will be easy to remove . Because over time most nipples are rusty, and damaged in such a way that a normal spanner will not fit the nut to remove it . A normal ring spanner will just slip off .But with this type,, once you locate the nipple,, and then lock up the bolt on the side of the tool giving it a vice grip . Well i talked myself in to purchasing one now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom