Caliper bleed nipple leaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
After my last stint at goodwood, noticed that one of the bleed nipples was seeping a little, is this just a case of tightening a little more or can i just unscrew and screw a new one on?? its not leaking from the thread, but from the bleeding end.

Brakes is one thing i tend not to tinker with normally apart from disk and pad changes.

I'd start off by giving it a gentle additional tightening.
Not too much.
You can snap these off - Then you are in trouble.
If that doesn't cure it (and usually it will) ... Then mend it with a new one.
Make sure to bleed any air that may get into the system when you change it.

I'd start off by giving it a gentle additional tightening.
Not too much.
You can snap these off - Then you are in trouble.
If that doesn't cure it (and usually it will) ... Then mend it with a new one.
Make sure to bleed any air that may get into the system when you change it.
Can help to temporarily clamp the flexible brake pipe to prevent air entering the main system. You must use purpose designed pipe clamps for this operation [ no mole grips :ban: ;)] to avoid damaging the pipe!

worth trying clean tip of the screw and the seat in the caliper that form the seal. This is where you need to scrutinize to find your leak. if still leaking replace the screw

Attachments

• rustonbleedervalve2.jpg
    rustonbleedervalve2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
Its got SBC so be careful.

I have had one leak before. I just un-did it then tighten it up and it fixed it.

Thanks guys, some good things for me to try, i`ll go with Olly`s idea first as its the easiest, I will make sure SBC has gone to rest before lossening.

I have already ordered a new screw just in case.

Lock the car up too and put the keys inside your house. Unlocking can activate the pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom