Caliper ` Ceramic` Look

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevebgt1

Car
Audi R8 V10 Plus . MRC Tuned 655BHP Larini Exhaust.
Well, after a little research on wanting to change the colour of my calipers, it appears that the expensive Ceramic item comes in a luscious Burnt Gold Colour.....

Well we matched it as best we could and here is the result.

Personally I love it !

Attachments

• Caliper 1.JPG
    Caliper 1.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Caliper 2.JPG
    Caliper 2.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 165
Well, after a little research on wanting to change the colour of my calipers, it appears that the expensive Ceramic item comes in a luscious Burnt Gold Colour.....

Well we matched it as best we could and here is the result.

Personally I love it !

Looks great with the black wheels.

Did you complete the work yourself?

No mate, had my detailer guy do it, who does window tinting/de badging etc......

think it looks good, however i don't like making something look like how it isnt.. My personal choice

looks good that colour - my red calipers need refurbing as there a little scuffed on corners

think it looks good, however i don't like making something look like how it isnt.. My personal choice

If I had applied the `Carbon Ceramic` decals as well, I would agree that I was trying to `copy` them, but being as I have just used a similar colour, on the standard brakes, then I can live with myself.......

looks good that colour - my red calipers need refurbing as there a little scuffed on corners

I was gonna go red, but then people might think I was trying to copy an `S ` Model......see above....:D

Black would have looked bad-ass. Then copy Ricky and get headlights blackened too. ;)

Black would have looked bad-ass. Then copy Ricky and get headlights blackened too. ;)

Funny you should mention this, we were discussing, de-chrome-everywhere, making the whole car `badass`.....

I have started by just swapping the rear badges to gloss black, not the merc badge but the E63 & AMG badges...looks cool.

However , there seems to be a huge job looming in removing the front grille, as it has the camera set up behind it for the lane assist. Apparently the whole bumper has to come off to remove the grille, so this is gonna have to wait !

Funny you should mention this, we were discussing, de-chrome-everywhere, making the whole car `badass`.....

I have started by just swapping the rear badges to gloss black, not the merc badge but the E63 & AMG badges...looks cool.

However , there seems to be a huge job looming in removing the front grille, as it has the camera set up behind it for the lane assist. Apparently the whole bumper has to come off to remove the grille, so this is gonna have to wait !

An all black car just looks bland IMO, i like the chrome accents. Thd gold calipers look great.

An all black car just looks bland IMO, i like the chrome accents. Thd gold calipers look great.

Hmmm my Mrs agrees with you !

She feels, ( and she`s probably right-again) ,that a touch of chrome here and there on Merc`s, keeps that classy look , rather than some pimped up M4 !

I am beginning to accept this...me thinks.....

BTW i have a c63 performance pack so mine are a standard red paint :) but def need a touch up

That figures....they were red on my 507.....:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom