caliper colour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
My silver calipers are looking a bit tired, they are in good shape no rust or damage, I was thinking while were in lock down to paint them but can not decide on colour,
I have a pot of silver, pot of black and 2 spray cans of silver with a spray can of clear lacquer, all are high temp.

Was tempted by red but don't want to highlight the smaller rear calipers by making them stand out.

Have all the sanding discs, brushes, caliper stickers, just looking for opinions on colour which will suit the car and the 19" alloys.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 11
  • fef6ab78d7264d058475c196567f1144(1).jpg
    fef6ab78d7264d058475c196567f1144(1).jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 11
  • fc1.jpg
    fc1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 11
Gunmetal , as close to body colour , as too much other components in that area are silver .

Here's a silver 'white out' .

upload_2019-7-14_22-35-19.png

What should of been done here is painted black as it hides the not so attractive stuff and highlights the wheels .

Then some people go and paint the hubs silver too 🤢 🤮

IMG_20190522_160446.jpg

I've had discs in the past that have been purchased with a light grey/coating/paint on them, and they looked almost like that for years.

I've been looking at Fremax discs recently with the black painted hub and vented section, which I like the look of, but they are hard to source in the UK and pretty pricey!

But back to the OPs question, I think a dark silver or metallic anthracite would look smart. Not a fan of black calipers, but hubs and disc edges are okay.

I've had discs in the past that have been purchased with a light grey/coating/paint on them, and they looked almost like that for years.

I've been looking at Fremax discs recently with the black painted hub and vented section, which I like the look of, but they are hard to source in the UK and pretty pricey!

But back to the OPs question, I think a dark silver or metallic anthracite would look smart. Not a fan of black calipers, but hubs and disc edges are okay.

Black is good for when you've got rough cast calipers .

Silver is a fail for this application .

20201030_064907.png

image_675ed53babaf4d69aa47aff8d6237c332639367e.jpg

Night and day !

Black is good for when you've got rough cast calipers .

Silver is a fail for this application .

View attachment 109782
I don't know? When it's applied with a broom like it has been in that photo, all is well 😐

Himalaya Grey or Silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom