Caliper painting south yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kendog91

Car
W212 E220 CDI AMG SPORT
Can anyone recommend a company for caliper painting?

Atom in Sheffield seem good and charge £45 per corner, unfortunately they don't answer phones or emails.

Andrews alloys quoted £300, but then he mocked my current calipers when I said it sounded expensive, which compared to Atom is almost double in price!

FYI, I didn't paint the calipers, I bought the car like that.

Attachments

• 20210726_102025.jpg
    20210726_102025.jpg
    988.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210726_102033.jpg
    20210726_102033.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Can anyone recommend a company for caliper painting?

Atom in Sheffield seem good and charge £45 per corner, unfortunately they don't answer phones or emails.

Andrews alloys quoted £300, but then he mocked my current calipers when I said it sounded expensive, which compared to Atom is almost double in price!

FYI, I didn't paint the calipers, I bought the car like that.
plenty on YouTube buddy if you fancy a go yourself for £20 all round

Possibly is twice the price, but "Atom don't answer the phone or reply to emails" so what good are they. They might as well say its £1 per calliper:rolleyes:

Possibly is twice the price, but "Atom don't answer the phone or reply to emails" so what good are they. They might as well say its £1 per calliper:rolleyes:
One of life's mysteries. They may be still shut due to covid or sold up shop. There is no information provided on their website to suggest otherwise.

plenty on YouTube buddy if you fancy a go yourself for £20 all round
I have put a list together, 2 cans of primer, 2 cans of yellow hi temp paint and 2 cans of hi temp laqure. Total would be £60. I have sandpaper, wire brush, paint stripper and brake cleaner in the garage.

I just don't want to f**k it up lol.

I have put a list together, 2 cans of primer, 2 cans of yellow hi temp paint and 2 cans of hi temp laqure. Total would be £60. I have sandpaper, wire brush, paint stripper and brake cleaner in the garage.

I just don't want to f**k it up lol.
Practice on someone else’s car first buddy ;)

I finally got round to painting the wheels and calipers. This is the finished result.

Attachments

• 20220611_123354.jpg
    20220611_123354.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20220611-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20220611-WA0005.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 13
20.4bph if my calculations are correct 🤣. Totally transformed the car, well proud of myself haha.
You have the advantage now , that if you run over a load of oranges (or people with an Essex spray tan) they won’t make a mess of the calipers :)

Each to their own of course, but on reflection I’ll stick with silver. 😎
They was diamond cut rims, they had very bad milking under the laqure. Believe it or not they're only about a year old and was bought from CM wheels (aftermarket), I downgraded from 20" to 18" for comfort.. I decided to go with a 1 colour all round and decided that the black rim with an orange caliper would look the biz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom