Caliper stickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
Will the stickers you can get for calipers be able to stand the constant heat of the exhaust tips :confused:
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

How hot does your exhaust get? If you're melting your bumper, then probably not.

I would guess that for most exhausts it's fine.

Why would you wish to put stickers on the tips of your vehicle's exhaust?

Well never heard of stickers on an exhaust before lol it's obvious there going to melt mate lol.

As above??? :dk: AMG stickers?

They'll catch fire.

Lol cheers for the reply guys just a thought that's all haha and it wasn't the AMG ones that's just stupid haha
Ben (",)

The aftermarket decals on eBay are supposed to be "High temperature" but I doubt they'd stay on an exhaust tip for long:D

Saying that, those calipers can get pretty hot too and there is no sign of the decal peeling off.

The aftermarket decals on eBay are supposed to be "High temperature" but I doubt they'd stay on an exhaust tip for long:D

Saying that, those calipers can get pretty hot too and there is no sign of the decal peeling off.

Road car calipers won't get anywhere as hot as an exhaust pipe.

I was thinking of taking my tips off a spraying high temperature high gloss paint. And was thinking like ya do haha about tarting them up.
And was the small pair of stickers in this pack of 8 ;)

Look at this on eBay MERCEDES-BENZ Compatible Brake Calliper Precision Cut Decals x 8 Stickers

I was thinking red :D

And it looks like it's only one 13mm bolt holding the tips on :bannana:

Cheers
Ben :thumb:

I think the tips on my CLK would stay cool enough, but not the Nissan; that does melt the bumper.

Burnt a huge scar for life on the back of my leg last month after leaning back on car, while wearing shorts :(

Had you been ragging the V8? ;)

I'll have to check how hot mine is next time I take it for a good run. - I've definitely burnt my fingers touching the brakes.

I'll have to check how hot mine is next time I take it for a good run. - I've definitely burnt my fingers touching the brakes.

It's a 5.5 litre, supercharged monster.. I doubt he was wafting around :devil:

Yep.. the brakes on mine get HOT.... well the fronts at least.

I wouldn't recommend you touch your exhaust to be honest.. playing with fire is never a good idea.. well it's a metaphor.. i hope your exhaust isn't on fire.. :D

It's hot as it's the exhaust from petrol exploding, not just friction.

Attachments

• IMG-20170620-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20170620-WA0004.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 29
The normal operating temperature of a catalytic converter is 650 to 850 Celsius. They glow orange when fully up to temperature.

... That's the reason most modern exhaust tips are actually shrouds around the pipe itself, with an air gap so that the venturi effect pulls in cool air around the funnel of hot air, to keep the "fo sho" exhaust tips from getting too hot. They still reach dangerous temperatures though, as seen above. Don't forget skin burns at just 70 degrees. The severity of a burn isn't down to the temperature, it's the amount of heat that can be dumped into the skin at a given temperature.

The normal operating temperature of a catalytic converter is 650 to 850 Celsius. They glow orange when fully up to temperature.

... That's the reason most modern exhaust tips are actually shrouds around the pipe itself, with an air gap so that the venturi effect pulls in cool air around the funnel of hot air, to keep the "fo sho" exhaust tips from getting too hot. They still reach dangerous temperatures though, as seen above. Don't forget skin burns at just 70 degrees. The severity of a burn isn't down to the temperature, it's the amount of heat that can be dumped into the skin at a given temperature.

Loving your posts Mike. You're like our very own Norris McWhirter. (Meant as a compliment btw) :thumb:

playing with fire is never a good idea.. well it's a metaphor.. i hope your exhaust isn't on fire.. :D

As Harry Hill said " My dad always said. Fight fire with fire. My dad was a fireman"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom