Called What Car Target Price Today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NiPsTeR

Car
Mini Cooper S (ATM)
Well after visiting my local dealership and a test drive of an A200 AMG Sport just this weekend I decided to give What Cars Target Price a call due to the sales exec informing me that he could not discount the car any way shape or form.

So after 5-10 mins of being on the phone to what car target price and informing them of my exact specification they go away to find the best deal. 2-3 hours later I receive a call and a massive saving of over 2k and £30 a month cheaper.

Anyone used them? what's the catch ? they have informed me it is also a local dealership!

Not used them, but I have looked up several of the others and couldn't ever find a deal that got even close to Drive The Deal. They were very good when I spoke to them as well. In the end, my requirement was a bit too complicated (long story) but with DtD numbers in hand I managed a dealer discount which was initially very close to DtD and in the end about 2% better.

Phone around and also drop in everywhere within an hour's drive of home. There's massive variance in the willingness to do a deal.

Remember that the salesman is measured and motivated in two categories - volume vehicles and emotional purchases. For volume vehicles (i.e. how many E220s can they churn out each month) a deal can always be done. For "emotional" purchases (i.e. SLK, E63) they are going to be a lot more hard-headed but even then, can be brow beaten. If not, look elsewhere.

Anyone used them? what's the catch ? they have informed me it is also a local dealership!

There's no catch except sometimes car is from dealer far from home. But this can be sorted by home delivery in some cases. The same with Drive the Deal, Carfile or OrangeWheels. They have relationships with different dealers and know who to call and negotiate.

Well after visiting my local dealership and a test drive of an A200 AMG Sport just this weekend I decided to give What Cars Target Price a call due to the sales exec informing me that he could not discount the car any way shape or form.

So after 5-10 mins of being on the phone to what car target price and informing them of my exact specification they go away to find the best deal. 2-3 hours later I receive a call and a massive saving of over 2k and £30 a month cheaper.

Your dealer salesman taking the Michael A class is currently being discounted between 4% - 8% depending on model for the one you are looking at I would expect 5% without even haggling. Dealers In Scotland tend to discount higher than England so worth shopping around. Orangewheels also tend to have good deals

Do some more searching, try drivethedeal, coast2coastcars etc. as some are getting closer to 12%.

so these companies work by taking commission from the dealer networks they have agreements with?

They work on an agreed price, some of the main dealers by in at fleet prices and get the kickbacks for hitting quarterly targets.

Sell 50 A Class in the quarter and get £50,000 back, sell 100 and get £125,000 back, sell 200 and get £300,000 back.
As a dealer those kickbacks are very appealing, so if you can get say 10 brokers to work for you, and give them a set amount per car, your margin increases allowing you to do these discounts.
And better to do it through a broker, you are not then being shown to give massive discounts yourself upsetting other customers.

thanks

Thanks all, managed to negotiate a better deal from my local dealership once the offer was on the table and I was ready to walk away.

Awaiting Delivery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom