Calling all MB ipod interface users!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baron_Samedi

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK200K
Hi,

I'm getting an ipod interface installed in my car soon, but was wondering whether there are issues with signal level being too low.

What I am asking is whether the line amplifier is needed to boost low input levels to the head unit (in this case an Audio 20).

Ta

Gary

Hi,

I'm getting an ipod interface installed in my car soon, but was wondering whether there are issues with signal level being too low.

What I am asking is whether the line amplifier is needed to boost low input levels to the head unit (in this case an Audio 20).

Ta

Gary

Not sure, my iPod integrations all work via comand. Sure Alfie or Richard may come along with the right answer.

In my W203 the official MB iPod interface works fine and is certainly loud enough. It has the standard radio which I think was an Audio 10

Good info gents!

Mind you it'll be Comand that install my interface :bannana:

Then you need not worry the guys at comand are true professionals. You should also be able to access through steering wheel buttons as well.

Hi,

anecdotally, it seems to be 50-50 whether your car will need the extra amp or not. My volume level was very low from iPod through the Comand (the car was originally fitted with Audio 20) - but the inline amp sorted it out a treat.

Cheers,
Eddie.

Harman and Kardon Drive and Play with my 1st Gen IPod Touch doesnt have this issue at all. The sound in fact is stunningly good, far better than I epxected.

Absolutely no issues with volume, but on the Touch there is a setting to turn the volume limiting off. I am not sure about other models.

Good info gents!

Mind you it'll be Comand that install my interface :bannana:

We can try it with and without for you.

There is also a mechanism to alter the output volume from the steering wheel.

With the ipod playing and displayed in the cluster, if you press and hold the phone hangup and down arrow steering wheel buttons together for about 10 seconds. The clauter will the show the S/W and H/w level of the controller. Wait until it shows the VOL. If this is set to --- use the up arrow to change it to +++. This will increase the output volume for you.

It seems to vary from car to car as to whether the line amp or the procedure above is needed. In my A class I dont have the amp but have the setting on +++.

Last edited:
Alfie fitted mine with Command and no probs whatsoever... great job Alfie ! Thanks !

I should add my experience here as I have the iPod kit with the volume adjustment (in a CLK) and found the level was fine for older iPods but my newer iPod "Classic" is to low. This is with the volume set at high and the traffic announcement volume set to the lowest setting. The dealer is still investigating this.

So, the required volume level setting and if the additional amp is required depends on what generation iPod you are using :crazy: Many thanks Apple!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom