Calling all W124 experts - need help identifying parts please...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimBe

Car
W124 230 TE, W211 E320 CDi Estate
I have just finished reassembling my D reg 230 TE - well, nearly anyway. Its been apart for a couple of years while the body has been welded and re-sprayed.
I have just two bits left over - see pictures. Please could some kind and knowledgeable person help me find their proper homes! Many thanks!
open
open

1e7cd8b3-7969-4039-bf97-b1389ed0d935.JPG c9f50a16-9844-49e1-b574-9496445fe3ca.JPG 1e7cd8b3-7969-4039-bf97-b1389ed0d935.JPG c9f50a16-9844-49e1-b574-9496445fe3ca.JPG
They do not have part numbers. I suspect one is from the boot area, and the other more pointy one is from the engine bay

Last edited:
Well I've looked in the boot of my estate and there is nothing like either of those pieces , unless it is in the tail gate or behind the headliner.

I've not yet had a look in the engine compartment.

I have just finished reassembling my D reg 230 TE - well, nearly anyway. Its been apart for a couple of years while the body has been welded and re-sprayed.
I have just two bits left over - see pictures. Please could some kind and knowledgeable person help me find their proper homes! Many thanks!
open
open

View attachment 94510 View attachment 94511 View attachment 94510 View attachment 94511
They do not have part numbers. I suspect one is from the boot area, and the other more pointy one is from the engine bay

Could you please give an idea as to there size.

Thankyou all for your help. Here are some better pictures...IMG_4583.jpg IMG_4584.jpg IMG_4585.jpg IMG_4586.jpg IMG_4587.jpg IMG_4588.jpg

Well I discovered where the longer one of the two pieces lives - it holds the rubber divider between the engine bay, scuttle panel, and inner wing. One part of the mystery solved!!

Attachments

• innerwing.jpg
    innerwing.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 21
  • innerwing2.jpg
    innerwing2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 21
Well done!

Recently replaced the bonnet release cable on my 190d and marvelled at the engineering in this little rubber cable management/ seal device.

They possibly look like the luggage cover end bits?

It’s a five seater. Good shout on the luggage cover - I will have a look at that today. I’m pretty sure it belongs in the boot area somewhere....

It’s a five seater. Good shout on the luggage cover - I will have a look at that today. I’m pretty sure it belongs in the boot area somewhere....

I've got most of the upholstery out in the boot, except the headliner and tailgate upholstery, and I can't see anything like it. I will have another look.

Having just broken one of these I can tell you with some certainty that that is a lower door panel fastner. Bottom of the door panel in the middle. You may notice one of your door pockets is pulling away.

Wrdcc01 - I think you might be right about one of the door pockets pulling away. I shall have a look this morning. Thankyou!!

Having just broken one of these I can tell you with some certainty that that is a lower door panel fastner. Bottom of the door panel in the middle. You may notice one of your door pockets is pulling away.
Thankyou for this piece of advice! You were indeed correct, and my homeless parts are now happily fitted in their rightful locations 👏👏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom