Calling BMW connoisseurs. What is this car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
tartan like trim

Ah now that rings a bell. Was it a brown / yellow type tartan? I think I might remember that from my neighbour's car.

So I have a reply from the seller re the engine discrepancy: "I've asked my brother to send me the picture of the engine bay and I confirm it's a 1.6 litre. The previous owner was a fan of sport's cars and asked to install a short-5-speed gearbox when he ordered the car. Then after 3 months he had the car ( at KM 16'000), he said the engine was making a strange noise. So under the warranty he asked to have the engine changed. So the number of KM shown on the board is now KM 80'000 odd. He only drove it some two years before he sold it to us."

5wf1i9.jpg

They continue with a minimum price... CHF30,000 which is about €26,000!

IMG

So I have a reply from the seller re the engine discrepancy: "I've asked my brother to send me the picture of the engine bay and I confirm it's a 1.6 litre. The previous owner was a fan of sport's cars and asked to install a short-5-speed gearbox when he ordered the car. Then after 3 months he had the car ( at KM 16'000), he said the engine was making a strange noise. So under the warranty he asked to have the engine changed. So the number of KM shown on the board is now KM 80'000 odd. He only drove it some two years before he sold it to us."

5wf1i9.jpg

They continue with a minimum price... CHF30,000 which is about €26,000!

IMG

Are they serious 26k euro's..... no wonder your out.

1980 E21 316 , red , 46k miles three owners , "show condition" , never welded , £8750 . Believe some of the 316`s of this era were1800 engines? Its advertised on gumtree . only has single headlights but looks very nice. In Hertfordshire . Date of first ad was 4/8/18 so may well be sold . My boss has an eighties Alpina (not for sale) which he values at around £10k .

Well , apparently not sold yet. Just saw the same car on ebay , at £4567.00 (reserve not met ) with 3days 11 hours to go. Just put in BMW E21 and it was the first ad that came up.

Ah now that rings a bell. Was it a brown / yellow type tartan? I think I might remember that from my neighbour's car.

I can't really remember. Some manufacturers of that era came out with some eye opening interiors - maybe a side effect from the drug crazed 60/70's!

To the OP. At £26k he needs a "get well soon" card ...

Good God, the seller has replied again. The car is the 2315cc 6-cylinder 323i model. NOT a 1.6. Must be all that fresh Swiss air going to their head.

Still, £25,000 is too much.

I'm over there at the end of next week - I hope I get the same "high" :eek:

I had one when they were new. Nice car and good looking in standard form. that one is horrid with m sport stripes and that huge ugly spoiler on the back. Find a nice clean standard one or ideally a 325i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom