Calling camera buffs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

x332race

MB Enthusiast
I'm sure someone will be able to identify this lens mount for me...according to the seller, it is either Canon, Sigma or Nikon..

Attachments

• 335120721_o.jpg
    335120721_o.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 75
im no camera buff but doesnt the sigma written on the side give it away... or am i looking at the wrong bit?

Thanks, I thought it was, but it seems to have more contacts than on my Canon 400D

Fit it with Stilsons! It wont matter how many contacts then..

Must admit though, there's only 7 contacts on all my Canon lenses .

Last edited:
Full set of contacts on Canon "L" IS lenses that support use of the Canon teleconverters (for when they are "on the end of" the converter). The pins are used to allow the lens to correctly report the changed focal length and effective aperture (because of the presence of the converter) back to the camera.

Be aware that some Sigma lenses have compatibility issues with some Canon bodies (Sigma reverse engineer the "closed" Canon interface and emulate one of the Canon lens models) - some can be chipped and some can't - best to ask the seller via Ebay in this case so you have some comeback if it doesn't work.

Also, if the seller isn't sure of the fit perhaps he nicked it?

Last edited:
Yep its a Canon - Generally the Sigma APO lenses are the ones to watch for, I haven't seen an HSM yet that needed to be rechipped but that doesn't mean it cant happen!

I'm also concerned that the owner doesn't know what it actually fits

Mark

im no camera buff but doesnt the sigma written on the side give it away... or am i looking at the wrong bit?

Sigma is the make of lens. It will be used on many diferent cameras but will have different mounts for say Nikon or Canon etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom