Calling PhilJ - Please respond to my contact attempts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercboiuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
1995 E320 Coupe
Hi Phil,

I've been trying to contact you via Ebay, having not had a reply for almost a month and a half.
I also attempted private email contact on Tuesday 9th June, but I've still not heard anything.
So I am now posting on here as a further attempt to contact you so we can arrange a return and refund of this Yellow Speed Racing suspension kit I purchased from you, which had incorrect and missing parts.
All I wish for is your new address so I can return the whole kit as supplied and to receive a full refund.

After the 4 month period to receive the kit, the problems attempting to fit it with the associated costs, and much time spent contacting you via message & email to get it returned, I am sure from now we'd both like a speedy resolution.

Please contact me as a matter of urgency, so this doesn't drag on for more weeks and months. Thank you.

Kindest regards,
Darren Gee

Hi Phil,

I've been trying to contact you via Ebay, having not had a reply for almost a month and a half.
I also attempted private email contact on Tuesday 9th June, but I've still not heard anything.
So I am now posting on here as a further attempt to contact you so we can arrange a return and refund of this Yellow Speed Racing suspension kit I purchased from you, which had incorrect and missing parts.
All I wish for is your new address so I can return the whole kit as supplied and to receive a full refund.

After the 4 month period to receive the kit, the problems attempting to fit it with the associated costs, and much time spent contacting you via message & email to get it returned, I am sure from now we'd both like a speedy resolution.

Please contact me as a matter of urgency, so this doesn't drag on for more weeks and months. Thank you.

Kindest regards,
Darren Gee

Why don't you open a case with eBay. If he doesn't reply they will refund you, assuming paid via PayPal.

I didn't receive the item until well after Ebay's cut off for raising the case.
After the failed fitment attempts, my initial contact with Phil was OK, but has gone quiet after answering his questions and me requesting a return address.

During the time of our initial contact, Paypal's own time limit for case raising expired by a matter of days.

Darren

Are you sure the Paypal case has expired, I thought they'd increased that to something like 180 days.

Unfortunately it has.
180 days is taken from the transaction date not the delivery date, so almost 4 of the 6 months were lost during delivery.

Darren

Unfortunately it has.
180 days is taken from the transaction date not the delivery date, so almost 4 of the 6 months were lost during delivery.

Darren

Oh dear sorry to hear about this. Hope it gets sorted for you.

If it was paid via credit card registered to your Paypal account you could probably still open a chargeback claim. Paypal don't defend chargebacks as a rule of thumb.

The chargeback is with merchant, which in this case in Paypal not the Ebay seller direct.
Paypal have fulfilled their duties fully and fairly, so chargeback cannot be applied.

Darren

The chargeback is with merchant, which in this case in Paypal not the Ebay seller direct.
Paypal have fulfilled their duties fully and fairly, so chargeback cannot be applied.

Darren

Thats not true at all the credit card company will still help you, this has happened to me before with a seller in the US for comics. It was a large amount, it took a number of months to get the comic back but all the credit card company wanted to do was see proof I had exhausted all other options trying to get the money back and given him enough opportunity to communicate back to me. You should try a chargeback. I got my £1500 back.

maha said:
Thats not true at all the credit card company will still help you, this has happened to me before with a seller in the US for comics. It was a large amount, it took a number of months to get the comic back but all the credit card company wanted to do was see proof I had exhausted all other options trying to get the money back and given him enough opportunity to communicate back to me. You should try a chargeback. I got my £1500 back.
you were very lucky then, as Darren says you lose section 75 rights when purchasing through PayPal for reasons you can probably find yourself should you wish to. I started a long thread on here some time ago about a refund through s75 and I'm glad I paid through cc

This thread appeared to work, me receiving a rather curt reply from PhilJ within a couple of days.

Almost two weeks on, I am yet to hear a further reply to specific points I raised. So this situation is far from resolved.
I'm rather disappointed with this service from a trusted member, to be honest.

Darren

If you don't get it resolved amicably , a small claims action might be your only option .

I really would prefer a resolution from a fellow Club Member, but with still no contact, it appears this may be the only way to go.

Sadly disappointing, to be honest.

Darren

Seems odd of Phil not to reply, have you not tried his mobile? He was great for me buying side skirts and would recommend him! Sadly not in your case.

I don't have any contact details other than an email address.

Your sentiments of his service is precisely why I didn't mind waiting such a long time for the parts to arrive. If it were a complete Ebay stranger I would have requested a refund.
Upon discovering things weren't OK like I initially believed do I then ask for a refund and communication becomes more difficult.

As I say, it's sad and disappointing :(

Darren

Even a small claims action , without a postal address , will be difficult to start - unless eBay/PayPal have an address on file and would be willing to provide it due to this complaint .

Not an easy situation .

Is he still trading on eBay ?

He is still trading. Current listed items are at a Surrey location, despite his current location being in the south west.
I have previously noted different parts occasionally have different locations.

I can't quite believe it has reached this point, to be honest.
And I have still heard nothing. Very disheartening treatment from a fellow member.

Darren

Was whatever you bought bought through an ad on this forum?

While it was advertised on the forum, my actual purchase was through Ebay.

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom