Calling R129 Owners!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GregE240

Car
1990 500SL
Hi,

I'll be getting my 500SL in a couple of weeks, roll on mid June!

Do any of you have the PDF files for accessories etc? If so, could one of you PM me an e-mail address, or point me somewhere I can download it from?

Many thanks,
Greg

Thanks KLP, I've now got those. I was actually after the electronic copy of the official MB brochure that lists stuff like floor mats and so on.

Cheers,
Greg

Cheers Peter, was actually wondering if anyone had an electronic copy of the Accessories Brochure that was available.

All I can download now is the brochure for the current SL.

Greg

GregE240 said:
Cheers Peter, was actually wondering if anyone had an electronic copy of the Accessories Brochure that was available.

All I can download now is the brochure for the current SL.

Greg

To be honest the SL was so well specified as standard, there were very few accesories with the exception of hardtop stands / hoists most of the kit came with the car :( I doubt a PDF was ever made for the 129 but you might find hard copy brochures on ebay occasionally...

Ring your MB dealership and they will phgotocopy an old brochure and post it to you.

peterchurch said:
floor mats can be got from any MB dealers they are quite reasonably priced as well

You say that......I've asked my local outlet from whom I've just bought a ML270 Cdi SE, (yes I said I wouldn't do it!) for a set of mats for my 500SL, all nods and smiles, no mats!!

IanAlexander2 said:
all nods and smiles, no mats!!

Hey... at least you got a Nod n Smile! :D

Madferrit said:
Hey... at least you got a Nod n Smile! :D

That made me Nod n Smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is your parts department must be crap :( I walked straight into the one in bristol and they ordered me a set for £35

I have a black rugged set without the silly cloth patch on it If you want them ?

Peter,

Thanks for the kind offer but I'm grey, not by nature of course. Yep, my local "outlet" has a host of original customer service features, some of which I have described on other threads in some detail. My view is they will eventually have to sharpen up or ship out. Meanwhile I shall get my mats elsewhere and complain AGAIN to MB HQ (They know me so well......)
Thanks again.
PS. Have a look at the whistle-blowing thread!!

Thanks Peter. I got a PM off Mark300SL too, so I should be okay.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom