Calling SL65 R230 Owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lord Hemming

Car
SL65 AMG
I am collecting my car next week, a 2006 model. It would be good to get some insights to preventative maintenance and ownership tips

Thanks!

Awesome car man congrats.

Can we please get some pictures off the beast when you get it.

Its better looking than the later SL IMO. Beast of an engine.

My biggest ownership tip is get an American Express cash back card and a Shell loyalty card :D

Here are a couple of photos to whet your whistle

Attachments

• image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I will tell everyone the story when I collect the car. The car was a special order from AMG with a one off Designo interior.

Amazing car - congrats on finding it

Blooming marvellous and welcome

Stunning car with a jackhammer of an engine, the R230 SL65 is a proper 'iron fist in velvet glove' car.

Congratulations.

I am collecting my car next week, a 2006 model. It would be good to get some insights to preventative maintenance and ownership tips

Thanks!

Ownership tip number 1
When the sun shines drop the roof and floor it, spent a couple of hours this afternoon going nowhere converting petrol to noise:D

Stunning car, congrats.
I saw it advertised at 'GT-TWO' I seem to remember, glad it's gone to a member albeit a newie. Hope you enjoy and look forward to seeing it in the flesh.
Where are you based? I suspect you would be very welcome at some of the GTG's with that beast :D

Matt

Exhaust doesn't look standard either?

I thought the SL65 wheels came in that grey colour?

Standard exhaust, it's the facelift model.

The wheels were special order silver - I will fill you all in later, but this SL was a bespoke order

Stunning car, congrats.
I saw it advertised at 'GT-TWO' I seem to remember, glad it's gone to a member albeit a newie. Hope you enjoy and look forward to seeing it in the flesh.
Where are you based? I suspect you would be very welcome at some of the GTG's with that beast :D

Matt

Look forward to a local GTG I'm Tunbridge Wells, so good for a southern meet or up for a road trip to the AMG factory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom