Calling time on 17 years with the SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doodle

MB Enthusiast
Car
R129, KTM 1290SAR, Superb 272 wagon
Unfortunately Covid is partly to blame for this turn of events; I've spent the last year working permanently from home, and my management have indicated that we should continue to do so predominantly once things return to "normal". I can't really justify running 2 cars for this more limited mileage, but equally it's not fair to expect the SL to pick up the load as my everyday car.

So with a heavy heart, it's time to call it a day. My intention is to remove the AMG kit and sell that separately, along with my accumulated spares and bits. I'll look to move the car itself on as a going concern, mechanically it's largely together but the paintwork is tired - I had intended to take care of that in the coming year but there's no point now. It has a significant provenance and known areas are taken care of such as the wiring loom, it's had recent rear multilinks and shocks, freshly refurbed rear calipers and PCS did a maintenance service last week.

The plan then is to see out the rest of the Cupra lease, and start shopping in about 18 months time. There's a vague shortlist at the moment (E63 biturbo, 997 Carrera, Mustang) so not necessarily leaving the fold. Plus they can all live outside so I don't have to extend the garage!

Post some pics let's have a good look at it and cost.

Such a shame that you can't keep hold of it, but needs must :thumb:

any pics?

Just get a cheap run around for the winter and us the SL for the summer, split insurance policy 50/50, best of both worlds.

Agree with Tonye. bangernomics. I have a 57 plate Ford fusion with 40K miles, auto with working AC. On a good day it's worth around £1000. It's good for another 40K+ miles.

any pics?

There will be once I've finished putting it back to standard (which is nearly done) - work and jobs around the house have got in the way.

I've done the bangernomics thing, that's not what I'm trying to achieve here. Sods laws says they both break at the same time anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom