Calling truckers on here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I watched the little video - looks like he fits the anti-theft device and then steals a few gallons of fuel???

I've heard stories of people, sorry, thieving scum actually drilling into the fuel tank itself!!!

In the early 90's I had a tank of fuel stolen they pulled the pipe from the tank to the Fuel pump and drained the lot!Once they have got the pipe they cut it and put a piece of rubber tubing on to feed it into jerry cans.
Police said it was an increasing problem that was 15 years ago with current fuel prices it must be terrible!

Did I miss something there? I'm a bit tired so maybe...like demonstrating a chocolate fireguard next to a bonfire....

I had about half a tank stolen for my wagon on Aust services some years ago. They had forgot my onion rings at BK:rolleyes:, so I went back in to get them. Meanwhile, an Irish reg Transit had pulled up next to the truck, and the thieves started pumping out the fuel. I disturbed them, and they sped off spilling fuel all over. The van was fitted out with a big plastic tank and electric pump. I got the reg, and later Police found the van was registered to a derelict farm in Ireland....aren't full time caravanners great?:mad:

Some of our trucks have come fitted with a device in the filler neck, similar to the one in the film, (like a fine collander) and I can't see how you could syphon the tank, other than punching through the top....Causing the unit owner an expensive repair or replacement.:eek:

Oh and I forgot to say I usually drive an Mercedes Benz Actros....we did have. some Axors but they were a bit unreliable. The Actros is much bigger, more comfy, and sounds nicer with its big Vee engine.

Watched one of those 'police camera' style tv shows a week or so ago.

They had some good quality film of a low life siphoning fuel from a lorry. He denied it all until shown the footage. Went to court and got a condtional discharge. Unbelievable!

I have similar versions to these on all my trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom