Calm down dear...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
...I thought it was funny. What do you think?

Funny. Its the way you tell 'em.

It was a light hearted day in the house with jibes from both sides.

"Correctly dressed" Was also mentioned.

Am I missing something??

Can only see his text 'I thought it was funny' but nothing else :dk:, let me in on the joke

please please please!!:D

Labour has accused David Cameron of sexism after he told a female MP to "calm down dear" during a Commons exchange.

The prime minister borrowed the catchphrase made famous by Michael Winner, during a row about NHS reforms.

BBC News - David Cameron criticised for 'calm down dear' jibe

Yup, funny.

Now sit back a watch all the people telling he should not habe said it.

Got to be worth a page or two in the redtops and a couple of 5 min segs on the rolling 24hr news channels. ;)

Yup, funny.

Now sit back a watch all the people telling he should not habe said it.

Got to be worth a page or two in the redtops and a couple of 5 min segs on the rolling 24hr news channels. ;)

And it gets funnier everytime you see it...Mumsnet didn't approve though.:D:D

Personally i think its cringeworthy, remember your parents trying to be 'cool' in front of your friends? Exactly!

Personally i think its cringeworthy, remember your parents trying to be 'cool' in front of your friends? Exactly!

Now I'm going to guess your parents were into amateur damatics and dragged you along to their little soiree's? ;)

It can damage humour levels for life :D

This politcal correctness (if you'll pardon the connection) is just getting absurd, the complainents must have had a sense of humor bypass, whilst not agreeing with the policies perhaps at least it shows he's had some contact with the real world

Its pathetic how on this side the left wing are giving Cam hassle over this, and on the other side of the pond, the right wingers are giving obama crap about his surfin USA birth certificate.

Have they not watched the bloody news, seen how big the fish are that we actually have to fry, and seen how neck deep in crap we actually are??

But it was funny, I suppose we should thank them for lightening our day by being petty.

Just the usual pantomime that passes for political debate in our pleasant land.
:wallbash:

pretty restrained, in that situation i could see myself saying "will you lot shut the **** up while i can get this out"

sadly watching pmqs is like watching a bunch of middle school kids in a debate... i wouldn't be entirely shocked if someone offered to take the other outside for a good kicking.

and to think, we voted this bunch of muppets in (and i mean ALL of them.. not just the opposition parties to my vote)

The lad who stood up and gave his views on EMA and the education system showed that school kids sometimes have a better grasp of how the public feel and how to conduct themselves than the politicians.

This politcal correctness (if you'll pardon the connection) is just getting absurd, the complainents must have had a sense of humor bypass

A certain Mr Brown made humour bypass a mandatory requirement of joining the Parliamentary Labour party.

Deja mots

Give the guy a break. He was just repeating what he already said to his wife when he broke the news of their impending "We're just ordinary punters really" Ryanair weekend break to Spain.

David---you -- you mean we'll have to mix with the "oiks!!" - 'fraid so dear --Politics is a bitch sometimes.

The happy couple. All together now:-

Oh this year I'm off to Sunny Spain Y Viva Espania
I'm taking the Costa Brava 'plane Y Viva Espania

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
We're nearly as indebted as Greece, and this really matters?

Really?

My children are mortgaged by the deficit. Should they care about this? Or the PM's catchphrase?

Anything goes, so long as its liberal.

considering half the front bench on the Labour side are Northerners and we all call anyone dear,duck, love etc etc!

Dont see what there argument is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom