Cam (VVT) Magnet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John Jones Jr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mazda MX5 10AE, W201 2.5-16, W202 230K Sport man, Honda Accord & Suzuki 'Ricer'.
Guys,

Is it possible to test off the car, the ubiquitous (A1190510077) as found on M111, M104's etc.

I was also wondering would attaching 12V power supply operate it & if so should I expect a 'clicking' or some such noise?

Cheers in advance.

Caution---- I believe there are 2 generations of solenoid with slightly different dimensions. make sure if replacing you get the correct one. The unit should "click" when 12volts is applied to the solenoid. It might be worth checking the coil resistance/continuity one source says it should read 8-10 ohms but can't vouch for that. Frequently adjuster failure is down the breakage of a small internal spring which can be replaced.

Cheers Grober.

I did wire it up with an independent 12v supply and zilch happened. So, I suspect the solenoid had it's day. Also there's no step (YO! ;) :D ) in power delivery after 4000rpm. BTW, thanks for tip about the spring, presume its behind somewhere -I'll have a look at a parts diagram.

Would you know how common is it to actually go, much hassle to do and what's the chances of knocking out the valve timing while replacing it?

Those links are excellent Grober, truly excellent.

Yes, it's very simple to remove magnet assy, we'll have see about the spring.

Cheers, again.

My C 200 w202 used to rattle like mad from the said part but worked perfectly well none the less. Disconnecting the plug from it completely quietening it and there semed to be no change in performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom