Camber adjustment on S500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Hi,

I just had some new tyres put on my S500 (W220) (by Micheldever Tyres - great price by the way!). I has the alignment etc checked as well and the technician who checked it told me the camber is out of spec and had I noticed the car pulling to the left. He showed me the wheel and to me it looked as if the top of the wheel on the drivers side is sloped slightly more inward to the body than the other side. It doesn't however seem much to me and I have not had any ill effects eg: it does not pull to one side, the tyre wore evenly etc.

I was wondering whether this is worth worrying about - he said it can only be rectified with a "cam kit" which would have to be provided by Mercedes.

Any ideas anyone?

Much appreciated.

DB1

I dont know if this is relevant but I recently had changed a steering knuckle. The person who did it did not take note of the bolt position on the lower wishbone and as a result has thrown the camber angle out. I phoned Mercedes Blackpool for a quote on re cambering the car. Ok I was silly.............they quoted a time of 2 hours and a cost of £150 + VAT. I took a Scotch to compose myself and thanked them for their quote. I need to phone "The Garage" in Bacup and see what they quote. But for piece of mind in your case will it do any harm to know that it is right?

as far as I know the camber correction kit is just a 'bolt' or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom