Camber adjustment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nismonick

Car
E350 coupe
Hi,
Having recently purchased a C207 coupe I have noticed the steering wheel is slightly off center, not much but enough to trigger my OCD.
I took it in for Hunter lazer alignment today who made adjustments on the front and rear. On the drive home the steering wheel is better but still ever so slightly out still, better than it was but still not perfect, was also told the the front Camber was not adjustable, how can it not be adjustable?
Confusing!!
Should I take it back for a recheck as I already had Kwikfit balls up the previous attempt, any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks
Nick

Follow @bolidemichael . experience in the above post
Certainly in the E63, the dash and all the 'console' is off at an angle which doesn't help with the reference points when aligning the steering wheel.
Personally I stay clear of Kwik fit but they were excellent at a mobile tyre fit on the wife's car.

Follow @bolidemichael . experience in the above post
Certainly in the E63, the dash and all the 'console' is off at an angle which doesn't help with the reference points when aligning the steering wheel.
Personally I stay clear of Kwik fit but they were excellent at a mobile tyre fit on the wife's car.
Ta, yea I went to Kwikfit on wim but then decided after to take to the place that has done all my cars over years which worries me as they are normally spot on, started thinking there could be something out on the front that's not obvious.

As Hakon says, follow the link and have a ganders at my experience.

tl;dr there's an eccentric bolt available through MB that allows for the necessary adjustment and the wheel alignment is tricky and requires a steering wheel mounted spirit level and a sign off from the owner.

edit: Hakon... that garage!

Many thanks chaps most useful information.

An MB ICarsoft 2 has the capability of reading the actual steering wheel angle no matter where the steering wheel is, I guess other device do as well. I used it When I had my wheel alignment done , made life easier for the the technician.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom