Camber angle off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercC350Coupe2011

Car
Mercedes C350 coupe AMG sport 2dr 2011
Hello,

Today I have changed all four tyres in my c350. I have put Michelin pilot sport 4.

When they performed the steering alignment they found out that the driver's camber is out of manufacturers spec. More specifically it is -1°00’ and the Merc's specs is from 0°05’ to -0°48’.

I am thinking thar probably there is a worn up bushing in lower or upper control arm or a bent control arm. The old tyre was really worn up in the inside which is consistent with the measurements which means the camber is slightly negative indeed.

Do you have any ideas on how I can check the bushings myself without going to a mechanic?Can I steer the front wheels and check if the bushings are moving? If the control arms are bent I don't believe I will be able to notice it with naked eye. Most probably is a worn up bushing cos it's not very far off.

Do you think it's worth investigating the issue for such a small angle difference?

thanks in advance for your help.

By the way I had steering vibrations around 60-65 mph with the old tyres. The old tyres were in really bad condition so I assumed that these vibrations were coming from a bad wheel balancing.

After driving the car on the motorway today I noticed that there are small vibrations again. I don't believe that they didn't perform a good balancing. I believe it is something else. What do you believe might create steering vibrations apart from wheel balancing? Maybe bent disk brakes? Do you think that worn up bushing can create such an issue?

My mum had a mazda 2 a few years ago and the front wheel had been damaged in a big pothole on the motorwat. The vehicle was never been as before even after changing the wheel and tyres. There were vibrations for many years. We didn't find what what it until we sold it. I hope I won't be in a similar situation with the Merecedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom