Camber arm worn out at 31k miles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

krappies

Car
W204
I drive a 2012 C180 AMG Sport.
I got told by Mercedes that my right lower "camber arm" is worn out and needs replacing. The whole suspension needs to be recalibrated.
Is it expected to have to replace part of a suspension this early in the car's life? I never had to replace these on any of the other brands I owned even after 100k miles.
I told Mercedes that I will be returning the car but it sceptical about buying another Mercedes.

I agree unless its been driven really hard or abused in its life.
Have you asked for a contribution as it might be viewed as premature wear. Ask the dealer to take it up with MB. Have you received an estimate.
I had an electrical/electronic failure last month at 48000 and MB paid half.

geraldrobins, thank you for the reply. I look after the car really well and Mercedes even commented on how good the car still looks.
I got a quote for just over £400 but is worried that if that is a problem at such low miles there must be an underlying fault that will cause the car to keep breaking things.
I have already taken the car back for 6 of 7 fixes with sensors and electrics so I have lost faith in it, and is losing faith in Mercedes too but is hoping that I just got a dud and other people do not have problems with their cars.

krappies, I didn't mean to offend of course and don't know how long you have had your car, and if not from new, then it may have incurred wear before.
I too would expect a suspension component to last approx. 100k minimum.
I understand the losing faith bit as well. I have had 4 issues but fortunately 3 were under warranty and 2 were in fact pointed out during service. Its never broken down or neen undriveable thankfully. I hope you have better luck in the future.

I did not suspect any offence, and I also do not take offense very quickly. In the contrary, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom