Cambridge(shire) mini GTG - Sat Nov 21st 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
So, who's up for a mini-meet?

When, where any ideas?

Anywhere around Ely thats kinda quiet? none in town (Cambridge) would really do...

Im thinking somewhere out of town, maybe between Cambridge & Ely?

I have in laws in Ely and Soham! Has anyone been to The Bridge in Waterbeach?

Im interested

The local regional section of the MBOC used it as an r/v point, followed by a run into Norfolk earlier this year. I know it gets busy, though, so an earlier meet may be better there.

A busy time of year for me, and I doubt I'll be visiting before xmas, but I'll watch this post with interest!

I'd be up for it (would this mean I have to clean the car...!)

Waterbeach works well for me given I live in Fen Ditton!

If the meet was on a mon/tues/wed evening I would e interested :)

Nice one guys!

I was thinking of the Bridge aswell, except last time I went there it was a knightmare, quenes out of the door, handful of staff - we asked them if its always like this and the girl said "every weekend" but he (landlord) wont get any more staff...

That said, if we met up on a Sat for example mid afternoon after the rush???

I'm definitely interested!
Not too fussy about time/location

If the Bridge is too busy, anywhere in Grunty Fen would get my vote! I just had to give it a namecheck - love that name!

if only there was more to Grunty Fen than just a tip and a scrappy... If the bridge is a no, there are some nice pubs in the area, just have to find some good examples, if the weathers nice tomorrow i might go for a little drive and see what i can find!

Grunty fens scrapyard ! has he got many MB's in, lets have the GTG there !!!

Do they have any W203/ CL203s there ??

Grunty Fens scrapyard? wheres that?

Ive been the Cottenham one, full of very scary pikeys...

to be honest it might not even be there anymore, it's about another 100 yards down the road from the tip if you're going from Witchford - quite small, i went a couple of years ago for some parts for my old jag.

I would be up for a Cambridgeshire GTG...............When?

(It would give me a chance to wear my MB UK Polo shirt ;)

has anyone got a place/time in mind yet? i didn't really get a good look around this weekend as i was busier than i thought, but im off all week so might go for a wonder when i get back from Brooklands tomorrow! :)

I'll be mostly based in the north west between now and xmas Jimmy, so count me out for anything, suggestion wise. I will probably be going from there to Ely on xmas eve for a few days, and then back home. If I'm around for any dates chosen, it would be good to pop along and say hi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom