Camcorder Help Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Hi People,

I am looking at getting a sony camcorder and this one sticks out.

HDR-XR160E (HDRXR160E) : Overview : Cameras & camcorders : Sony

However its due out mid may and dont really want to wait that long.

Then I came across this

Sony HDRXR350VEB High Definition Handycam Camcorder: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

From what I can see the latter one has a better still camera (probably unimportant) but otherwise is very similar.

I was about to buy it when I noticed its an old model, released Jan 2010....

So can anyone see if Im actually missing anything, are there any major advantages of waiting for the new model to come out or should I just go for the older model?

Jay, I have a Sony camcorder, near broadcast quality, that I bought 11 years ago for close on £1k. Last year, for our safari holiday, I bought a Canon SX20IS camera (and carted the camcorder along too!) - and the video I've taken with that is as good as my expensive (plus heavy and awkward) camcorder! Plus it's got 20x optical zoom that switches into something like 64x digital zoom, stays in focus as you zoom, and takes superb still photos.

So - technology has moved on in leaps and bounds, are you sure you want a camcorder? I know I will not be carting mine around any more, I'll just use the SX20IS!

Worth perhaps bearing in mind that my Nokia N8 phone shoots HD video. And the lens/CCD quality is pretty damn good for such a small package. I don't carry a camera or camcorder around these days because of that. The phone is way better than either!

thanks all but i really am just choosing between the two sony's now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom