camcorder memory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldcro

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE
I am looking for a new HD camcorder and cannot decide which to go for. Any thoughts on ones with a hard disk or internal flash memory type, and wondered what the pros and cons of each are. I'm not really interested in tape or DVD recording types so have excluded those.

If anyone with experience of either could give their thoughts it would be a great help in making up my mind. Thanks.

Last edited:
Go for one with Flash memory. Hard disks are fragile and not so reliable as flash, as well as being larger. Flash is cheap enough now and will allow you to increase memory size if you need to. Lower power consumption, too!

Go for one with Flash memory. Hard disks are fragile and not so reliable as flash, as well as being larger. Flash is cheap enough now and will allow you to increase memory size if you need to. Lower power consumption, too!

Thanks Gordon, that's just the information I wanted to hear. So now top of my list is a Sony HDR-CX505VE camcorder, unless there is a better choice.

I'm not heavily into camcorders, but I belong to a forum where many do use them. One of the more popular ones seems to be a Panasonic SD9 or 10, but check it fits your particular needs, as users on that forum tend to be rather focussed on certain features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom