Camping from an W212 E Class Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterpython

Car
E CLASS 220 CDI Avantguarde Estate 2012
Once this craziness is over I plan to travel through France to Switzerland and I was wondering if any members has slept and camped from a E class estate and what their experience was ?

Once this craziness is over I plan to travel through France to Switzerland and I was wondering if any members has slept and camped from a E class estate and what their experience was ?
I would imagine awful!

Sleeping in the car???:dk:

I would imagine awful!

Sleeping in the car???:dk:
But not just any car - an E-Class!

5ae01905aff801752410b3af.jpg

On a serious note, did have to sleep in my S211 once (I had a few too many - was parked on private land) and when I woke realised that it would have been a reasonable stopgap for a night or two just sleeping if only the nearside would fold fully flat (the active head restraint meant you could not fully fold the seat backrest) I'd be good on that side and Sue would be fine on the other as she is pretty short!

You could go for something like thos

hire a caravan

I’ve slept in the back of an old Rover SD1 a lot when I was young , you get a lot of condensation if you shut the windows because it’s raining, if you leave the windows open the rain comes in .
I think you probably mean using the E class to transport camping equipment though ?
Tents are cheap , if there is 2 of you buy a 4 person tent with a decent porch (£100-200 ) and then you are sorted .
If you are over 50 and have any back issues rent a gite in France instead and hotel the rest of it .

Do you mean sleep in the car, or sleep in a tent?

A quick power nap in the car whilst travelling long distances is one thing, but planning to sleep in a car for a holiday is something else!

i can’t help but think you mean sleep in a tent, in which case the E-class estate will be great, the luggage space is as big as they come so ideal for carrying kit.

If you want to do it in style, money isn’t an issue, and you’re OK climbing on to the roof of your car, then take a look at roof top tents, they’re super cool.

Once I camped in chamonix and saw a couple ‘camping in style’ in the back of their brand new silver e-class estate. Seats were dropped and the back was all white fluff and duvets and some kind of plush mattress

I always said it looked fun and would wanna try it one day. I would’ve taken a pic if that wouldn’t have been creepy.

I no longer have an estate (nor a partner that I would tolerate such a ‘holiday’) but when I was researching ‘camping/sleeping in your car’ apparently the biggest issue is with condensation from your breath, and/or mosquitos or bugs if you crack the window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom