camskill tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tyreleader - no, just no. A bigger bunch of cockwombles I have yet to come across. Steer very clear.

And why is that - had a bad experience?

I've used them for 6 years in a row. Cheap, efficient and friendly, what's there not to like?

They're a miserable bunch but very cheap. Just be aware by the time you've paid delivery and fitting that sometimes offers from all-in-one places can be better.

And why is that - had a bad experience?

I've used them for 6 years in a row. Cheap, efficient and friendly, what's there not to like?

Just wait (and wait..) until it goes wrong. They have no customer services at all. I'm still getting emails to say they haven't quite collected the incorrect tyre they delivered (for the second time) nearly 6 months later but not they can't cancel the order. Fortunately the credit card company stepped in and issued the charge back. Look at the reviews for when it goes wrong. They are useless.

Just wait (and wait..) until it goes wrong. They have no customer services at all. I'm still getting emails to say they haven't quite collected the incorrect tyre they delivered (for the second time) nearly 6 months later but not they can't cancel the order. Fortunately the credit card company stepped in and issued the charge back. Look at the reviews for when it goes wrong. They are useless.

Again this seems to be a common theme with many online businesses. Some have no problems and good service, others not so.

I guess we all shop around for a bargain online and usually it works out. The main thing as a consumer is to make sure you're protected in case of problems (PayPal/CC etc). I've had to claim a couple of times over the years but then compared to how much I've bought it's probably par for the course :)

I had an issue with blackcircles and they got back to me by email within 24 hours which I think is reasonable .

Sadly the issue was not resolved, but setting that aside in terms of communication I didn't feel that there was 'no one to talk to'.

I've used camskill in the past and had good service from them but the local fitter I use now prefers to source the tyres themselves in case there are any issues. They can get the tyres for a similar price once fitting, balancing, valves etc are included.

Will be getting all my tyres from Wheels in Motion from now on...despite the long drive. Service and price outstanding and for the first time ever, anywhere else before, they reset my tyre pressure wotsit display.

It's those fine details that matter.

Haha...the op is getting berated for trying to up his post count so he can be a more active member and use more of the facilities......burn him at the stake :D:D

Cymruambyth said:
Haha...the op is getting berated for trying to up his post count so he can be a more active member and use more of the facilities......burn him at the stake :D:D

It turned into quite an informative thread :D I usually use Oponeo or whatever it's called but now have a better understanding of the others out there, and a cheeky voucher too :thumb:

Burning at the stake is possibly a little 'OTT'. Stakes cost money you know!

They are good however i have found Asda tyres to be cheaper in some cases.

Horses for courses though!

Never used Asda tyres but I have used Oponeo and Camskill. When i do buy tyres i shop around. Not tested customer service of any that ive used but i will take that as a plus lol.

Zaff

also consider tyreshopper as the price is all in , no delivery or fitting charges and no slugging tyres around to be fitted for just a few quid saving ...

I shopped around a bit last week, and found Blackcircles had the best deal for the Goodyear Eagle F1's I wanted once you took into account fitting.

Bit in my experience it varies from time to time and tyre to tyre. Always worth checking them against each other.

Never used Asda tyres but I have used Oponeo and Camskill. When i do buy tyres i shop around. Not tested customer service of any that ive used but i will take that as a plus lol.

Zaff

I've used Camskill, Tyreleader and Oponeo in the past, never had a problem with any of them other than one Tyreleader delivery taking 5 days to be delivered when it was promised in a couple; Camskill are starting to look a tad dear nowadays compared to the other two.

Never really found Blackcircles and other sites like that very competitive especially on premium brands, normally just buy online and then take them to my local fitter and still save between £15-30 a tyre depending on what I'm buying.

Just ordered from Camskill with no problems but while searching found this company https://alltyres365.co.uk who were £10 a tyre cheaper and free shipping..! I've never heard of them and couldn't find any real info on them..... just wondered if it was a scam..?
Lee

That Alltyres365 seems the cheapest. I'm going to order a couple of tyres and see how they are.

Just ordered winters from Camskill, all tyres365 didn't have the fronts but they were competitive for the rears, and free shipping which would have saved around £14 on four premium tyres.....

RR

Some time ago Camskill advertised Michelin Pilot Sports for £60 each. This was obviously a mistake anyway I ordered four and they arrived at that price, thinking this is too good to be true I went back and tried to order another four but discovered they had found the glitch that had priced the tyres incorrectly. Pity really as quite a few people had like me struck lucky. On the whole they are good on price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom