Can a house give out bad karma?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
You need to read the whole article to understand my question.

Cross Cottages, the Fawkham farmhouse tainted by memories of Angela Johnstone's murder, has been demolished

28 March 2016
by Tom Acres

A farmhouse left empty since a man was jailed for murdering his wife on the property has been demolished.
Angela Johnstone, 35, was killed by husband Stuart at 2 Cross Cottages in Fawkham in March 1997.
He battered her over the head with a crowbar before destroying her body in a bonfire.

The farmhouse where Stuart Johnstone murdered his wife Angela in 1997 has been demolished.

He was sentenced at the age of 46 at Maidstone Crown Court in January 2002 to life behind bars.
Passing sentence at the time, Judge Andrew Patience QC said Johnstone had killed his wife to set up a new life with his girlfriend.
“What you did on the night of Friday, 21 March, 1997, was wicked and cruel,” he said.
“I have no doubt that you killed her in order to get your hands on Cross Cottages and set up your life with Sarah Tall.”

Murder victim Angela Johnstone.

It was alleged that Miss Tall, who was 18 at the time, had kept quiet for four years because she was infatuated with the defendant and feared she would suffer the same fate if she told police what had happened.
The court heard it was only when their relationship fell apart that she went to police.
Johnstone was arrested in June 2001, with his wife’s ashes and a ring found at the property shortly after.
The estimated £750,000 home was left to the couple’s children, a boy then aged nine and a girl aged seven, but was left derelict for years and knocked down last month.
Local historian Christopher Proudfoot, from The Old Rectory in nearby Valley Road, spoke to KentOnline's sister paper the Dartford Messenger about the tumultuous history of the property.

Stuart Johnstone - found guilty of murdering his wife in Fawkham.

“Cross Cottages were occupied latterly as two cottages, in separate ownership – it was the southern half, No 2 Cross Cottages, which was occupied by the Johnstones,” he said.
“It had previously belonged to Angela’s parents. Her father, W.A. Hawkins, had lived there for many years and was a former director of the Royal ****nal Co-operative Funeral Service. He was also a collector of horse-drawn vehicles.
“He died in the mid-1980s and his widow and their son continued to live there until they jointly committed suicide with a hose-pipe from the exhaust of the Jaguar-Daimler that had been Mr Hawkins’s last car.
“Angela and her husband then moved in but did not own the house as it was left in trust to their children.

How the farmhouse used to look.

“After Angela was murdered, her husband lived there with his girlfriend for some years until the truth came out, and the children were taken into care and the house left empty.”
The children eventually sold the house to the owner of the nearby Grade II-listed Cross House, who then acquired 1 Cross Cottages and applied to have the two demolished.
Planning permission was granted by Sevenoaks council in December 2014.
Mr Proudfoot criticised the council for allowing the historic buildings to be knocked down, with the owner now planning to build two houses on the same plot of land.
The owner of Cross House was approached by the Messenger but did not wish to comment.

Yes.

The bungalow that I moved in to with my ex wife was empty and needed a shed load of work doing. We subsequently found out about the previous owners that lived there; she had gradually lost the plot, her behaviour towards her husband being unpredictable and violent. It was a turbulent marriage, with incidents of abuse and a stabbing. He eventually went into a home, she continued to live there until her death, by all accounts she was nuts.

When we purchased the property we understood that the place had been cleared and fumigated by the council. She'd collected every newspaper she'd ever had and piled them floor to ceiling in one of the rooms, what ever lived in the room with the newspapers had bored into the ceiling tiles, leaving visible holes and tunnel trails across the polystyrene.

We renovated but with a mind to live there for 4 or 5 years, save and rebuild. Our plan never came to fruition. Prior to moving there my wife could be a little left field, 2years after moving in I moved out. Her behaviour had become violent and unpredictable to the extreme. She continued to live there for another 8years or so, the kids now live with me - I won't go in to detail, other than saying that one of them now refuses to see her.

I'm now remarried and happy in a house that has a happy past.

I believe that bad karma lives with a house.

Only sentient beings can engage with karma and karma is not a synonym for revenge as most imagine it to be.

Only sentient beings can engage with karma and karma is not a synonym for revenge as most imagine it to be.

Agreed. My poor choice of words in my tread title.

What I was trying to ask. Can a house in some way influence what happens to its occupants as a result of what has happened in that house previously?

It's a good question and one I considered before buying this house as the first owners wife died (cancer) but he then happily remarried. The 2nd owners bought it to be their forever family home but couldn't have kids, then broke up. Now we are the third owners in 10 years. We have a happy family but I did worry this houses sketchy past was a bad omen.

....I'm now remarried and happy....

So the old house did bring you some good Karma... in the end? There was a silver lining there? If it wasn't for the old house, chances are that you would have been unhappily married to this date...? I think it's about how you interpret things.

What I was trying to ask. Can a house in some way influence what happens to its occupants as a result of what has happened in that house previously?

We choose (or reject) our influences - at the conscious level at least.
The house isn't violent. Those drawn to it on account of its past? What outcome ensues messing with the macabre?

Yes.

The house I grew up in always creeped me out and I always got a real bad vibe from the house. Years later, after we had moved away and I was in my 20s my dad tells me that the previous owner had committed suicide in the lounge with a shotgun and that there were still blood stains on the floorboards. Worse, he lived alone and owned a dog - no need to say what happened next.

No wonder the house felt messed up.

There's a house local to me in Wellingborough that a friend grew up in, previous tenants before moaned about how it may be haunted. My friend recollects countless goings on, mainly negative vibes. The family after moving to the other side of town never felt happier

I've had some weird **** happen to me over the years, paranormal things I find real interesting. Apart from freaking me the hell out!

^^^ Yes this - there is no doubt in my mind and I have experienced it. The opposite also seems to apply as well - a very happy place seems to pass its aura on to future occupants . May be a placebo effect but it seems to work.

A lot is to do with Harmonics..

My personal thought process is to do with Harmonics.

As mentioned before, we are only aware of "part" of any spectrum of feelings etc.

Consider these points.

Sometimes a mother can be miles away from the kids, yet knows immediately something has happened. They "feel" something has gone wrong. Explain that connection..

When someone walks into the room, you get an instant dislike towards one another, yet other times its an attraction or general wellness feeling towards that person. Why is that?

Harmonics are "engineered" into train rolling stock, and aircraft design to send the majority of people asleep. It is a know engineering field, and who is to say this was a major cause of car sickness which has been mostly engineered away.

All people resonate at a slightly different frequency to each other, and as such it can clash with others who are opposites to their own. The same can be said about property and how it affects peoples behaviour. A clash of frequencies to those more receptive is never going to end well.

We know very little about what truly is felt by the body and how we react with things. An expression, someone walked over my grave is such an expression when people can't explain something.

It is a very interesting and as yet largely undiscovered subject.

So can a house have bad Karma.. Perhaps it is just another name for poor Harmonics..

AMGBlack said:
My personal thought process is to do with Harmonics

Can of worms there ^^^

trains and aircraft as you say are engineered, houses in a row/area are all (mostly) built the same, so it should possibly apply to the neighbours house?

I agree though and great post, you just never know. Maybe harmonics within the house or whatever only affect certain mindsets or profiles, and just by chance two people with the same characteristics moved into the property at different times?

Last edited:
My wife is convinced that there is something "not right" in our house and she sometimes wont even go up the stairs when there is none of the family present as she feels so uneasy.

The house (bungalow) was purchased new around the 1920`s by my grand parents and to date no one has passed away under its roof nor has any non family member lived in it.

The upstairs is a loft conversion done by ourselves before we moved in so it was unused storage space so where the wifes uneasy feeling comes from I have no idea.

On a similar note my gran was always a stickler for nothing being left on the dining table and a few times over the last few years things that have been put on the table , that shouldn't be there, have been found on the floor ????

Kenny

I went for the chicken tarka, it was a bit like a tikka only a little otter :D

Six of us went to a London Indian restaurant and tried the Pelican curry, which was quite tasty, but the bill was bigger than we expected.

Perhaps this thread has been pumping out some harmonics because by just catching a glimpse of "ringway" at the top of post #19, I just knew it would be a gag!

Six of us went to a London Indian restaurant and tried the Pelican curry, which was quite tasty, but the bill was bigger than we expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom