Can a remap be accidently DELETED ?!?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IceBoy

Car
C200cdi W204 auto Elegance
Hi All,

We purchased a 2008 c200 cdi Elegance auto about 4 weeks ago and have covered approx 600 miles!

This is a W204 model with (136bhp). One thing I noticed was how quick it was. We had a previous c200cdi w203 and new model went like stink compared to the old one.

To was much quicker (mini road test) than my brother Audi A4 143bhp 2009.

I assumed our car was re-mapped (but no history to back this up) and there is no way of contacting the previous owner.

Anyway.....we took the car to a local garage for parking sensors to be fitted and the car now feels slower and aprehensive to pick up from stand still. Before it was just so urgent!

So could a remap have been accidently deleted ? It really did feel like a 180bhp diesel and was pretty swift. Not something to hear in the same sentence as c200cdi !!

:dk:

Anyway of checking if it used to be mapped and not now?

HELP
Iceboy

If the ECU has had new software updated to it, then any remap will be gone.

The only thing they might have done was disconect the battery?
IceBoy

In that case, no it can't.

Before....from stand still, when you pressed the accelarator the car would just go and a real surge of power would be felt...I guess torque.

Now....when you press the accelarator the car pauses for a split second and then the power comes in BUT nothing like before.

What could it have been?

I guess there is no way of finding out if it was remapped and now not.

IceBoy

PS. I'm baffled.

Get it plugged into STAR. With a knowledgeable operator it should be possible to see how many times and when the ECU was flashed ...

It's not just that the garage left the transmission in C instead of S is it?

Stratmans point is good. Also if they left the engine on for hours it might have adapted to stop go traffic. If you take it for a thrash it might perk up again! Dieselman is correct if the CU has been reflashed for whatever reason then a remap will be overwritten. I removed a remap by doing this at a dealer.

I would have thought an ecu update for specific items would not effect the engine map at all?

Your not telling me that every little upgrade that MB do on the car involves a full electronics over write?

It doesn't work like that with a PC, think windows/office/etc etc etc update or with Apple products so why cars.

Sorted !

Hi All,

I did the auto gearbox reset and things seem to be better again!

Although I'm not sure it is 100% like before but it seems to pick up from stand still better.

IceBoy

I would guess the gearbox was reset while unplugged.

Regarding overwriting a map, this happens all the time, put a new module in for say lights and if it has a later firmware the rest of the car may need updating to be able to talk to it.

This is why sometimes something simple like a new radio can take hours of coding, well hours sitting on the machine.

A placebo. Happens all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom