Can an "A" Class be pimped?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyjester900

Car
C200 W202
I saw an a class today in the city it had blacked out rear lights chrome 17" wheels (i assume this is getting to as big as they can go?) and a few other little things....

It looked ok.

But can an "A"Class be pimped?

?

Well Portzy has just got a new one...

Come on Portzy, pimp 'yo ride!

So, what should he do with it? Bear in mind his new venture as PlumberMan.... :devil: :bannana:

1) Replace door handles with drop-forged spanners
2)

My A140 has 16" wheels- I work in construction & the extra inch or so of ground clearance has been necessary on a couple of occasions.

I also have a K&N, but that's hardly pimping the car.

RH

Not an A, but have started to mildly pimp our B & hope to get some extra styling bits in due course. It came standard with 18" AMGs & is the fastest car we have owned (faster than my 230K & than our old BMW 330 conv), so no need to change the wheels or to do performance mods, but we did want it to stand out a little from the B150s driven by geriatrics....
Portzys' A class looks very smart. I was surprised that the wheels were the same style as on my C-coupe from 2003, but they are very nice wheels & look good on it.

Can I paint my brake drums bright red? Or would yellow look better as the car's cadbury's purple?

(Or should I try to hide the fact that they're drum brakes?)

RH

Pimped from the box...

The wifes A210 Evo :) (very rare and a great little car, just did 40mpg for a tank again)

DSCF7747.jpg

Rear210.jpg

pimping an A class is like putting lipstick on a pig

pimping an A class is like putting lipstick on a pig

Thats a tad unfair.

It depends how well and how in keeping with the Mercedes name the "pimping" is.

To do something to the level that is shown on the TV program would be so very very VERY wrong.
But to give the car a little lift with a set of nice wheels and a few subtle body mods would look good.
Perhaps adding a few choice mods like COMAND, sunroof and TV for the rear passengers would not look out of place either.

Pimped from the box...

The wifes A210 Evo :) (very rare and a great little car, just did 40mpg for a tank again)

PICS

I think the A210 looks nice (for an A class ;) ), but i found they have the worst torque steer imaginable.

As for pimping ... i hope not

There you go. Proves it can be done. And done well.

OK, its not to everyones taste in the looks department, but nobody can deny its a damn practical car for todays crowded roads.

I

Certainly!!

Don't you remember the twin engine ones that were made for Mikka Hakinen and David Coulthard? Someone will be along with a photo soon ...

I saw an a class today in the city it had blacked out rear lights chrome 17" wheels (i assume this is getting to as big as they can go?) and a few other little things....

It looked ok.

?

Mine has just about every mod possible on it including tints behind the b pillar 17" wheels, illuminated door sills, Desgno wood, full black leather, comand, linguatronic aswell as the usual electronic mods.

I like the idea of an AMG engine in it! Now an A55 would be fun..........Have to go mid engine though I think.

Funkiest thing since ---ever says Clarkson. Sorry lost the link but here is the relevant part of his review. We had two A's. Loved them. Nice to drive, nice to own and liked the looks.

"The first thing you’ll notice when you step inside is that this doesn’t feel like a cut-price Mercedes. There’s no sense of going to Barbados’s west coast and staying in a two-star hotel. You will find that the quality of the trim and the texture of the upholstery are pretty much exactly the same as they are on a £100,000 S-class.

Then there’s the size. This new A-class is bigger in every dimension than the original, so you’d expect more space. But not this much more. The back, in particular, is hugely roomy, and if you remove the rear seats completely — well, it’s a van.

It doesn’t look like one, though. I always rather liked the style of the first A-class but the new version is in a different league. The three-door model, especially, is the funkiest thing to have come out of Germany since . . . um. Crikey. I suspect it may be the funkiest thing to come out of Germany ever.

Then there’s the list of equipment. My test car had satellite navigation, an in-built telephone, an air-conditioned glove box to stop your chocolate melting, an airbag for my thorax, and a traction control system that came down like a big steel firewall if I even thought about swerving round an elk.

Sadly, it also came with fat, ultra-low-profile tyres, which made the ride harsh and jarring. If you’re asked whether you’d like these on your car it doesn’t matter how charming the salesman is being, or how much you think they improve the looks, Just Say No.

And please, don’t try to argue that they’ll improve the handling, because that traction control will step in long before the height of the tyre’s sidewall could make any difference.

Under the bonnet I had a diesel that was . . . well, it was a diesel. So it made a din when it started but compensated for this by being economical. Same as every other diesel, in fact.

Overall, though, I have to say that the A-class was very, very good. It drives and feels just like a much bigger Mercedes, and that brings me on to the only significant drawback. It’s also priced like a much bigger Mercedes.

Oh, sure, we’re told that the base model is actually a few hundred pounds less than the base model of the outgoing version, despite a bigger engine and a longer list of standard equipment. But the car they sent me, an A200 CDI, costs a simply massive £19,995.

This is probably why the car works so well. Because it’s not a diversion for Mercedes at all. It’s exactly what Mercedes has been doing for 100 years, only a tiny bit smaller. "

C32K in the wifes A210.....

She would never know the way she drives :)

But when I use it... As for its no looker, well no small people carriers are really but we thought it actually looks quite nice. Even being the old model with it having the AMG kit it quite hard to age it?

Torque steer I will admit, and starting in first (ours is manual) in the wet is useless if you want to go quickly.

Other than that there is a huge amount of room in it and its a very good use of space.

:)

i guess it can be done and it fits into that "Hot Hatch" category with
some pace to book.

Alfie has certainly done it...

I thought it would be impossible or at least not look right but
i've been proven wrong.

What about the "R" Class :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom