Can anyone check a cars history for me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dannysmivs

Car
135i
Hello Guys,

I'm in the market for a c63 Coupe. I have convinced myself that i should only buy from MB approved used car due to the warranty package they are offering.

Im 30 and this is by far the most i have ever spent on a car so a little nervous.

I have seen a car at a used car dealership, but it seems this car has been on sale since Nov 2016.

The REG is : LC13 TXT.

says it has 1 owner with a good list of options , surly a car like this doesnt sit for 3 months.

First used on the road Wednesday 19th June 2013, it had a private plate at some point which was F1JSV

Listed for sale December 21st 2016 for £31,950 with 40,000 mileage, £3560 of options

MOT current from 18th Nov 16 with 43, 048 mileage

Unless someone is flush they're not buying a new car between December-January however, I am surprised it hasn't sold yet. Especially if MB did deals last month like they did last year

Market getting a bit swamped at the moment with C63s + around Xmas is the slowest time of the year in the Used car market. I wouldnt worry about the 3 months.

Who, wanting to slot themselves into a 6.2L V8 is going to do that in the coldest iciest time of year? I know I'd wait until it warms up a bit. :crazy:

I'm in a similar situation buying. My view is any dealer worth buying from should be able to send you a copy of the car's digital service report and any non-MB invoices.
Buying cars in the past I have always tried to call previous owners to check history, mileage etc tallies up, generally taking the details from invoices or researching through forums (like you have).

Who, wanting to slot themselves into a 6.2L V8 is going to do that in the coldest iciest time of year? I know I'd wait until it warms up a bit. :crazy:

Me, because prices are cheaper.

It is possible to drive AMGs carefully.

Email me the chassis number and I can check the service history

VIN number WDD2043772G140148

According to MB Warranty, that's the VIN for LC13 TXT.

I'm really not surprised that a car of this value didn't sell quickly over the winter. Can't see that you can read anything into at all - especially if the Vendor was being optimistic on price.

People have other things on their mind.

Last edited:
When I was looking for a CLS63 I saw a few examples that were advertised when I began looking (around November last year) and were still available when I found mine.
One being sold at MB Mayfair dropped close to £3k during this time I think.
Salesman at MB Stevenage told me that it was a slow time for AMG sales generally.

When I was looking for a CLS63 I saw a few examples that were advertised when I began looking (around November last year) and were still available when I found mine.
One being sold at MB Mayfair dropped close to £3k during this time I think.
Salesman at MB Stevenage told me that it was a slow time for AMG sales generally.

I started looking for my CLS63 last September and bought in December. Some of the cars for sale in Sept/Oct are still for sale now......

Welllll, is it? ... :devil:

Well, I'm not saying I always drove mine carefully all year round - indeed things can get a bit hairy when it is slippery but all good adrenaline-fuelled fun!

All part of the attraction of a high-power RWD car I say...

:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom