Can anyone explain this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harrythedog

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GLC 250 Sport Premium+
A football fan attacks a player and is jailed for 16 weeks

A bloke swims across the Thames and spoils a boat race and is jailed for 6 months

I suspect the individual cases involved more evidence than in your post.

But surely an unprovoked attack on a person is more severe than disrupting a race?

The football fan had mitigating circumstances, he was p155ed out of his skull apparently. :confused:

Ahh, but consider the quality of the spectators ;)

A bloke swims across the Thames and spoils a boat race and is jailed for 6 months

Harsh, especially as the boat race is fixed. It's the same two teams in the final every year.
yes.gif

I thought that swimming as he did caused a danger to life, whereas the nutter fan ...

Boat race guy was a jumped up **** targeting toffs, the pisshead was an ********, that how the law works. Don't upset the old boy network...

What, for the love of all that is good, is wrong with footballers? I recall seeing a hilarious programme about fainting goats, and my first thought was - it's like Match of the Day.

I don't give two hoots about the idiot who shoved the goalie, or the goalie for that matter. To throw himself onto his backside after a drunken shove like that whilst sober and in excellent physical shape is almost shameful as the 'sickening assault' (Daily Mail) itself.

That's probably me banned for moaning about football on the forum. Can't stand the game, thanks to the puerile, pampered, overpaid participants.

Off to the cooler now, I expect.

They both deserved jail...who cares who got the longest sentence.

Harsh, especially as the boat race is fixed. It's the same two teams in the final every year.
yes.gif
I was beginning to wonder why t' lads from Huddersfield Polytechnic rowing club never made it t' final race. I had put it down t' Tesco's shopin' trolleys all'is holin' their boat on't Huddersfield Narrow. :wallbash:

A polytechnic in Huddersfield, now your taking the mick

By the way Grober it's your shout for the caption comp

Boat race guy was a jumped up **** targeting toffs, the pisshead was an ********, that how the law works. Don't upset the old boy network...

Well that has re-written the law books and the many erudite chapters on social reform!

Oh, small point, where is your evidence for this statement?

Apparently, amg_Charged is no longer....

I was beginning to wonder why t' lads from Huddersfield Polytechnic rowing club never made it t' final race. I had put it down t' Tesco's shopin' trolleys all'is holin' their boat on't Huddersfield Narrow. :wallbash:

A polytechnic in Huddersfield, now your taking the mick

By the way Grober it's your shout for the caption comp

A finer establishment you'll never find... Those were the days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom