Can anyone explain why...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

...we are giving Pakistan $1billion dollars over the next 4 years to fund their education...???

The only excuse I have heard thus far is that if they are all better educated they are all less likely to be a threat to us!

FFS in the current climate we need to shut down our doors and think of those at home - this country clearly does have money to waste on another war and now this??

Hopefully not too political...!

...we are giving Pakistan $1billion dollars over the next 4 years to fund their education...???

The only excuse I have heard thus far is that if they are all better educated they are all less likely to be a threat to us!

They have an active nuclear weapons programme.

As a matter of policy we should be giving zero aid to any nation which has a nuclear weapons programme.

Not because we are trying to dissuade them from acquiring nuclear weapons - but simply on the basis that if they are spending money on such a programme then they clearly don't need aid - or if they do we are in effect subsidising that programme if we give them aid.

totally agree with where you guys are coming from.... if only things were that simple...

lol not what i meant... but i think you'll find a lot more is dished out than we are privy to...
one handy use is to be able to use it to 'encourage good behaviour' and also to control the balance bet india/ pakistan, and to be able to use bases in pakistan for refeuling/ rearming/ maintainence of troops/ planes etc...

Where else did you think the £9000 per annum university fees were going to go?

lol not what i meant... but i think you'll find a lot more is dished out than we are privy to...
one handy use is to be able to use it to 'encourage good behaviour' and also to control the balance bet india/ pakistan, and to be able to use bases in pakistan for refeuling/ rearming/ maintainence of troops/ planes etc...

That's the hand wringing defence. Oh "but we have to". Granted there is a lot we are not privy to but that doesn't also mean that TPTB aren't deluding themselves.

We're not good at getting real leverage from what we disburse - just not nasty enough any more. It always seems that the leverage is over us as a nation.

Chances are just as high that the money is making things worse not better.

Better to not pay the money and have it bite you in the behind rather than pay the money and still get bitten in the behind.

Where else did you think the £9000 per annum university fees were going to go?

You're not cynical *enough*.

It's to featherbed the bloated higher education academic system in the UK. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I have very strong views in what is wrong with the HE system in this country. It's busted. And it's causing long term generational damage. And we should be screaming for reform within this country. But somehow it gets overlooked and the blame gets put elsewhere.

It might not be wise but I understand the reasoning.

It is the educational pump priming necessary if we want to avoid more crimes like the UN observers that were killed in Afghanistan by a mob.

I would bet the mob had poorly educated mothers. Wouldn't you?

They probably spend it on coming over here on dodgy passports to study at those small private colleges you find located above kebab shops, while secretly working cash-in-hand on the side.

That's as maybe but I don't think within the cultural context it would have made much difference.

Same thing could happen in any ME country without strong government and community/religious leaders inciting a crowd without fear of of any personal retribution. Same thing could happen in parts of SE Asia as well.

Deal with that problem and you can maybe educate the mothers to be and get the downstream economic harvest.

It is the educational pump priming necessary if we want to avoid more crimes like the UN observers that were killed in Afghanistan by a mob.

You have the answer, I think.

Educate the women, and the payback is huge. And far cheaper than fighting a variety of wars.

I agree it would be wise to try and drag them out of the medieval age they live in, albeit with mobile phones and AK47s, and into the 21st century.

Ah the old 'charity begins at home debate'. I'll get my popcorn :)

Whats your view then - should we send the money or not?

I agree it would be wise to try and drag them out of the medieval age they live in, albeit with mobile phones and AK47s, and into the 21st century.

As we are already the worlds policeman are we expected to foist education onto these countries too???

Look at Africa - we've spent billions on them and all they've done is use the money we sent to open Swiss bank accounts, buy private jets and weapons (which we've happily sold them!)

Do we not think that the $1b we send to pakistan will not be used to but more weapons etc.. where will the evidence be that they have actually educated anyone?

Utterly bonkers.

I was baboozled to see the French bombing Libyas Mirage jets that the French had just sold them!

I thought the Afghan mob who cut the throats of the UN team were doing it in reprisal for some American "clergyman" burning a copy of the Koran / Qur'an.

Foreign aid of zero is the only reasonable position when we have to borrow to be able to give it, the whole thing is economic madness.
The political class, and thats what they are irrespective of which party they belong to, regard our money as theirs to do with as they please and our consent is unnecessary; and if you look at some of the countries who are beneficiaries, India and China ffs!

I thought the Afghan mob who cut the throats of the UN team were doing it in reprisal for some American "clergyman" burning a copy of the Koran / Qur'an.

That's a nice simple explanation for the handwringers and PC liberals to turn it all - yet again - into 'our' fault.

However what these apologists don't tend to realise is that it doesn't take a lot to set off a mob in some areas of the world. Moreover there are factions looking to state that something is a provocation as a form of leverage.

If you keep on apologising / appeasing all the time you're basically signalling that it's OK to take offence at just about anything.

Which means that when an idiot in the US burns a religious book the situation is publicised and setup by our media and politicians to magnify a petty act and *sanction* a response.

Foreign aid of zero is the only reasonable position when we have to borrow to be able to give it, the whole thing is economic madness.
The political class, and thats what they are irrespective of which party they belong to, regard our money as theirs to do with as they please and our consent is unnecessary; and if you look at some of the countries who are beneficiaries, India and China ffs!

Good news!

The following countries won't be getting our cash anymore:

Angola
Bosnia
Burundi
Cameroon
Cambodia
China
Gambia
Indonesia
Iraq
Kosovo
Lesotho
Moldova
Niger
Russia
Serbia
Vietnam

Bad news is we still spend £7.8billion on overseas 'aid'...

Didn't you pick up on the quip Cameroon made about Britain's involvement with pakistan in the past.
We're still blamed for the worlds problems.
(should have let them sort it out amongst themselves)

THATS what its all really about.

So many top knobs in power, (and I certainly dont mean the UK Gov. ) are playing social engineering with us / this country.
They are trying (and succeeding) to break us, and convert us back to the middle ages where we're easy to rule and control. (slaves)

Its NOT about the money, it never was. Its about making sure we dont have any, in as believable way as possible. And its working to a point. The mandarins are just getting which ever Gov. is in the driving seat to do the dirty work.
One lot wastes it, the other either sells and wastes even more.
The last vestige of what makes (made) Britain special was the NHS and the tories have been tyring to sell it and break it up for years. And now their about to.

One thing they're REALLY worried about is dilution of they're influence (not power cos they dont have any)and thats this AV voting thing.
They're terrified it will end the longstanding 'swing' system. Where people switch from one t'other. Each tightening the screw.

Make sure you vote ;) and p1ss on their fireworks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom