Can anyone find a w203 rear view autodimming mirror please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

splang

MB Enthusiast
Car
W212 E250 Avantgarde
Hi all,

I guess the title says it all...

I imagine it will just fight like the old one did (as long as i have the wiring??!)

Thanks all

Steve

splang said:
Hi all,

I guess the title says it all...

I imagine it will just fight like the old one did (as long as i have the wiring??!)

Thanks all

Steve

It comes with the wiring tail sticking out of it and it just slips in where the old one was as you say

Thanks Fuzzer - nice to have that confirmed

Does anyone know where i could buy one please or maybe how much one might cost?

Thanks again - ps Have a good gtg this weekend - i hope that when work quietens down i may be able to attend one...
Steve

You might be interested in this!!

I just ordered one from my stealer...
he checked my chassis number and has ordered it : he said quote :" whoa, thats very cheap!"....

£19 pounds!!

Very happy to pay that amount - i was expecting about 80ish

I did check that it is the auto dimming one...

Steve
:bannana:

splang said:
You might be interested in this!!

I just ordered one from my stealer...
he checked my chassis number and has ordered it : he said quote :" whoa, thats very cheap!"....

£19 pounds!!

Steve

What was the part number ? That sounds about the right price for a non-dimming one !

S.

splang said:

Steve

80 quid indeed :) try £180 :crazy:

Well, it will be in on Wednesday - so I will let you know...

Chances are it will be the non-dimming one - although the chap did say that it WAS the auto-dimmer -- who knows - after all the trouble i have had with my car from new perhaps they will throw in one for free if they get this wrong....

splang said:
Well, it will be in on Wednesday - so I will let you know...

Chances are it will be the non-dimming one - although the chap did say that it WAS the auto-dimmer -- who knows - after all the trouble i have had with my car from new perhaps they will throw in one for free if they get this wrong....

If its a regular manual dimmer , let me know . Im interested in buying one as long as its orion grey.

You want to check out the U.S. version that's standard on the W203, it's not only auto-dimming but also has homelink (3 button programable garage/gate opener) and an LED on the bottom for ambiance lighting. I believe Steve said it would cost about $600 U.S. This was because the older W203 didn't have the LED and people wanted the upgraded mirror at any cost. I guess brits don't have a passion for fancy rear-view mirrors as my friend got a new 2005 Jaguar S-Type yesterday and it came with a rearview mirror that's worthy of being on a Ford Focus, no Homelink, no autodimming, no led.

buellwinkle said:
You want to check out the U.S. version that's standard on the W203, it's not only auto-dimming but also has homelink (3 button programable garage/gate opener) and an LED on the bottom for ambiance lighting. I believe Steve said it would cost about $600 U.S. This was because the older W203 didn't have the LED and people wanted the upgraded mirror at any cost. I guess brits don't have a passion for fancy rear-view mirrors as my friend got a new 2005 Jaguar S-Type yesterday and it came with a rearview mirror that's worthy of being on a Ford Focus, no Homelink, no autodimming, no led.

One of our members has this mirror on his C32.

Well, went to the dealer - they just ordered one which wasnt autodimming, hell ! It wasnt even for a c class!! LOL!!

the auto dimming one for the W202 is about £140 ...

splang said:
Well, went to the dealer - they just ordered one which wasnt autodimming, hell ! It wasnt even for a c class!! LOL!!

My dealer managed to order me a transmission fluid sump filter for a 190E ... despite me giving them my VIN number ! Grrrrrrr !!

Have to say, not surprised in the slightest ! I think the codes changed for these dimming mirrors a while back - they used to be an accessory code starting with a 'B' - but its something different now. Probably confused them !

S.

sym said:
My dealer managed to order me a transmission fluid sump filter for a 190E ... despite me giving them my VIN number ! Grrrrrrr !!

Have to say, not surprised in the slightest ! I think the codes changed for these dimming mirrors a while back - they used to be an accessory code starting with a 'B' - but its something different now. Probably confused them !

S.

Yep,

If anyone can get hold of one for me - a w203 auto dimming rear view mirror - please get in contact - MB stealership said that they do not sell them - but I figure it must be possible to get one ?! :eek:

Cheers

Steve

(ps. come on england!! (sorry wales!)) :devil: :rock:

splang said:
Yep,

If anyone can get hold of one for me - a w203 auto dimming rear view mirror - please get in contact - MB stealership said that they do not sell them - but I figure it must be possible to get one ?! :eek:

B6 681 8612 Dimming mirror inside 138.11 Euro W208 COUPE

This mirror does not have the handsfree microphone hole in the mount. If you need the hole you have to pull the mount off your old non-dimming mirror and swap it with the one in the dimming unit. Takes all of 5 minutes.

138 Euro = 95 GBP

thanks

Thanks miro -

So do i phone my dealership and order it with that part number please?

Will it fit my w203 c180k 04 reg (pre facelift)?

Ty!

I was not aware the 208 was the same as the 203...

The 208/210/202 are all interchangeable but i'm fairly certain that's as far as it goes...

ok , here is the proper part number , ive just removed my dimming mirror and noted down the number on the sticker on the inside.

A203 810 02 17 . Thats a dimming mirror in orion grey with no homelink or telephone mic.

basic dimming mirror. You will pay quite a lot for one with the phone mic in it from the dealer Im sure ive heard the one with the homelink and mic is over £300 from the dealer.

Thanks very much for going to all that trouble - you're amazing !

Cheers m8

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom