Can anyone ID the blue SUV in this 143 mph horrific accident

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What‘s sobering about this case is that initially he would have got 12 years but 1/3 off for a guilty plea takes his sentence down to 8 years and three months

Then he will only have to serve 2/3 of that sentence if he behaves himself in prison.

So at the end of the day a human life in this case is only worth 5 1/2 years.

Disgusting.

A 12 gauge would be my solution if that happened to one of my family.

Range Rover top left of the vid gave it away doh...

terrifying....

Looks like a Range rover SVR , people drive like loonies on that bit of the A12 and the nearby north circular

What‘s sobering about this case is that initially he would have got 12 years but 1/3 off for a guilty plea takes his sentence down to 8 years and three months

Then he will only have to serve 2/3 of that sentence if he behaves himself in prison.

So at the end of the day a human life in this case is only worth 5 1/2 years.

Disgusting.

A 12 gauge would be my solution if that happened to one of my family.
At least there will still be six months of his six year driving ban left! :wallbash:

Given the amount of damage to the rear quarter of the Audi and the front of the SUV I'm struggling to see that this was really a 140+ mph impact, unless the Audi was also caning it and the closing speed was around 40mph. Obviously this doesn't take away from the tragic result.

Given the amount of damage to the rear quarter of the Audi and the front of the SUV I'm struggling to see that this was really a 140+ mph impact, unless the Audi was also caning it and the closing speed was around 40mph. Obviously this doesn't take away from the tragic result.
A glancing blow? But let’s not speculate.

At least there will still be six months of his six year driving ban left! :wallbash:
I’ve always wondered about that: when does his driving ban start? Hopefully the day he leaves jug, as opposed to now.

Baxlin, I think you're right.

TBH, it looks to me as though the other driver was also travelling at high speed - racing the RR, perhaps? Look at how fast they were both closing the distance to the white van ahead of them. The fact that both cars came to rest at almost the same place in the tunnel suggests to me that that may have been the case. Two young men, driving fast cars, late at night? Bit of a cliche, that...

It would be interesting to know whether the other driver was also recorded by the speed camera a mile before the accident, and if so, how fast he was going. We'll never know, though.

TBH, it looks to me as though the other driver was also travelling at high speed - racing the RR, perhaps? Look at how fast they were both closing the distance to the white van ahead of them. The fact that both cars came to rest at almost the same place in the tunnel suggests to me that that may have been the case. Two young men, driving fast cars, late at night? Bit of a cliche, that...
The other car was only an Audi A2 though ... 109 bhp at most, and minimum of 15 years old (they stopped making them in 2005). This one was also carrying 3 or 4 people so unlikely to see which way a RR SVR went, I'd have thought?!

Another report mentions that at the time of the crash he was already serving a suspended sentence for assault:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom