Can anyone identify this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
20201119_151210.jpg20201119_151228.jpg
I found this rattling around inside the RH air filter housing!
Does anybody know what it is?
My guess is it shouldn't be there the way it was!?

Might be for internal strengthening, check the left hand side for the other one ?

Looks like the part which holds the clip when attaching the airlifter cover.

remove-air-filter-clamps.jpg

Looks almost home made, 2 inches wide and 4 inches long ?

Is this your air filter, would it fit on here ?airbox.jpg

Looks almost home made...

As above, plus the quality of the seam seems very poor, I don't think this is something that came with the car from the factory.

Perhaps some sort of clip from an after-market air filer? Either way it does not look like to me something that was supplied by MB.

I've not noticed it before, but is there a stiffener inside the small rubber bellows on the batwing? Perhaps to stop it collapsing under vacuum.

This one then ? it must be off some aftermarket filter previously fitted, last owner took it off in a hurry and left it there, looks cheaply made.

airbox.jpg

This one then ? it must be off some aftermarket filter previously fitted, last owner took it off in a hurry and left it there, looks cheaply made.

View attachment 105006
That's more like it (the filter box).
I'm pretty sure, I did the air filters last year, and didn't see it then.
I think I'll have another look in the batwings when I do the fuel filter and see if there's any sign of something missing, or fitted on the LH side.

I can see one inside here if you look in with a torch. Don’t know how its come out though. Stiffens the rubber bellows from sucking in I suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom