Can anyone loan me £298,000?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wouldn't it have been snapped up by developers already if it was that good?

I'm not sure John. I look all the time and just seen this tonight. Maybe it's only just become available?

nice area too. I've worked there quite a bit over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having spent a number of months now looking for a plot, it has become quite apparent that anything even slightly sensible sells without ever being advertised.

For land to have reached Rightmove generally means there's something fundamentally wrong with it or too much money is being asked and there's no margin left for a small scale builder/developer.

Having spent a number of months now looking for a plot, it has become quite apparent that anything even slightly sensible sells without ever being advertised.

For land to have reached Rightmove generally means there's something fundamentally wrong with it or too much money is being asked and there's no margin left for a small scale builder/developer.

Awwww, so that's a no then? :D

Ha :D

You'd be surprised on how many plots that seem to make killer profits turn out to be turds.

In this case most investors would bin it unless someone local with proper knowledge on the site and market demands, also kicks in with 30% of the cost.

Ha :D

You'd be surprised on how many plots that seem to make killer profits turn out to be turds.

In this case most investors would bin it unless someone local with proper knowledge on the site and market demands, also kicks in with 30% of the cost.

Yeah, seems strange that the owner has gone to the trouble of having plans drawn and planning permission obtained and then decided to sell it on.

However, if the land is owned by one of the surrounding houses then it may well be that they don't want the hassle of the project and no experience whatsoever.

Maybe they were advised they'd get a better price if they sold with outline planning permission.

Who knows:dk:

Drains, sewers and roads would be a big cost to put most off.

Yeah, seems strange that the owner has gone to the trouble of having plans drawn and planning permission obtained and then decided to sell it on.

However, if the land is owned by one of the surrounding houses then it may well be that they don't want the hassle of the project and no experience whatsoever.

Maybe they were advised they'd get a better price if they sold with outline planning permission.

Who knows:dk:

Drains, sewers and roads would be a big cost to put most off.

Yeah, I'm "dealing" with a plot with planning for 7 houses that the owner has done all the hard work on and "seems" to have lost interest. We could pick up a bargain and make £600k+ profit - BUT everyone is thinking "if it's too good to be true..." :dk:

Yeah, I'm "dealing" with a plot with planning for 7 houses that the owner has done all the hard work on and "seems" to have lost interest. We could pick up a bargain and make £600k+ profit - BUT everyone is thinking "if it's too good to be true..." :dk:

It's easy to think negative. But honestly, someone's got to be first in there, why not you? If the figures work out then it makes sense.

I think getting people to buy off plan can be a good compromise. They generally get it a little bit cheaper, have input on finishing's and its easier to fund for the developer. :thumb:

It's easy to think negative. But honestly, someone's got to be first in there, why not you? If the figures work out then it makes sense.

I think getting people to buy off plan can be a good compromise. They generally get it a little bit cheaper, have input on finishing's and its easier to fund for the developer. :thumb:

One concurs :thumb:

The difficulty with anything like this is our odd planning laws in this country.

Getting a straight answer to any questions seems like a terribly difficult thing to do despite the question often being very simple.

That worries people as if a particular planner takes exception to you or what you plan it could all be over at huge cost to yourself.

I had a very refreshing chat with a planning officer at out local DC who made it clear to me that things will be quite different within a couple of years, to a degree that Large areas of what are currently green belt areas could simply be erased and permission for building granted.

I think with the EU referendum due, historically low interest rates and potential changes ahead now is a risky time for a big investment or move. I can be close to mortgage free in two years time so that's our goal, then we'll look at the market again.

However we keep our eye on the market to see if something pops up. I only ever want to move one more time, I'm looking now for my forever home (we'll at least until I'm dribbling into my lap and need to moved elsewhere).

We have a list of likes which is pretty much covered by this property:-

4 bedroom detached house for sale in Stick Hill, Edenbridge, TN8

It looks like too much money to me, but what is too much money these days? I'm constantly astonished at what people are paying for quite mediocre houses these days.

Right now I'm a bit nervous about strapping myself up with a huge mortgage (despite being able to afford it on paper), having very few outgoings and easy life has become quite relaxing mentally. However, I want to move somewhere which has space.

I was bidding on a plot that already had planning. The owners had inherited the plot but we're not able to fund a build as despite being wealthy were too old to borrow and did not want to take on the construction risk, plus would have been complicated for three retired brothers to borrow and work out their respective tax situations. The plot was awesome and I got out bid. The reason I mention is that sometimes it's not too good to be true. And yes in my case the lucky bidder has constructed two houses and made a cool £1m after acquisition And construction costs. I missed the plot by £50k and drive past it every day. I couldn't stretch to it unfortunately. Ha. No regrets. Should have sold my Merc.

I was bidding on a plot that already had planning. The owners had inherited the plot but we're not able to fund a build as despite being wealthy were too old to borrow and did not want to take on the construction risk, plus would have been complicated for three retired brothers to borrow and work out their respective tax situations. The plot was awesome and I got out bid. The reason I mention is that sometimes it's not too good to be true. And yes in my case the lucky bidder has constructed two houses and made a cool £1m after acquisition And construction costs. I missed the plot by £50k and drive past it every day. I couldn't stretch to it unfortunately. Ha. No regrets. Should have sold my Merc.

The other issue we have come across is the "Grand Designs" effect around here. Private buyers are paying more than a plot is worth for a builder or developer so they can build their own dream home. As a result many plots come on the market priced at this level.

Yes Red. There is a lot of that this way. But i observe that prices between properties with development potential and freshly done are widening, indicating there is still plenty of opportunity and that the majority of buyers just want to buy and move in.

This. It's been on since June 15 meaning it's not a great deal.

Market is great at the moment. Never done so well!

This. It's been on since June 15 meaning it's not a great deal.

Market is great at the moment. Never done so well!

It really depends on what you call a great deal Stu.

If someone was looking for a plot of land to build their own dream home on then £298k isn't a massive amount for a plot that size. Especially when you hear of much smaller plots going for £500k+.

It really depends what you want it for. Maybe not a great money making project but would be a nice place to build your own house.

Ant.

It really depends on what you call a great deal Stu.

If someone was looking for a plot of land to build their own dream home on then £298k isn't a massive amount for a plot that size. Especially when you hear of much smaller plots going for £500k+.

It really depends what you want it for. Maybe not a great money making project but would be a nice place to build your own house.

Ant.

I agree with that deffo! Always been our dream to self build or convert a barn. That's part the reason still live in our first house once mortgage gone enables us to do it. Finding decent land is hard though but I reckon you could buy land and build a really nice house for about £3-400k round my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom