Can anyone locate the AUX on my E Class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
Picked up my late 2011 E350 CDI Coupe last week and want to play music through my AUX. Does anyone know where it's located? Iv checked my centre console and glove box but still can't find it...

My 2009 W212 with Audio 20 had the aux in the glove box. If your car has COMAND it probably doesnt have it.

Why would you want it anyway. It was terrible the only time I tried it in my car. Very low and just generally horrible. I resorted to burning CDs. You are better off copying your music to a USB stick and using the ports which should be located n the center console.

Picked up my late 2011 E350 CDI Coupe last week and want to play music through my AUX. Does anyone know where it's located? Iv checked my centre console and glove box but still can't find it...

How about down the side of the seat? ;-)

Check in your centre console for an MMI port.

https://www.smartworldcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/mercedes-media-interface1.jpg

It takes a cable that looks like this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/4hAAAOSwMmBVmgG9/s-l225.jpg

They have separate cables for ipod (30 pin), 3.5mm jack and usb.

Check this web site to find the correct cable. There are different model numbers with the same connectors.

Home @ Mercedes-Benz Connectivity

I didn't know different cables existed and got the wrong one (30 pin ipod). As my car was right on the change over point the second cable I got was also wrong. The third one works perfectly. I found the cables on ebay. Got the ipod, 3.5mm and usb cables for £20 ish.

If anyone is in need of an iPod cable (A0038270204 or A0028272104) let me know. FOC if you promise to put a fiver in a charity pot.

Hi. On my 2011 E350 Saloon it's in the glove box.

This may seem like a dumb question but how do I know if my car has COMMAND? I know it's Audio 50...

RSTurbo50 said:
RSTurbo50 said:
This may seem like a dumb question but how do I know if my car has COMMAND? I know it's Audio 50...
I might be wrong but if you have Audio 50 you can't have Command which is a different unit.
If you have cd changer installed in that case you should also have multimedia socket in glove box. It looks like this:

image-2103859907.jpg

and as previously said there are 3 different cables for it, see previous posts. MB dealer ( at least mine) asks for some £65 for all 3 but these cables can be found on flebay for few quids.

It's Audio 50 and it doesn't have a disc changer. It's got a socket in the centre storage box, something which looks like it would connect with an old iPhone. I guess I need to put pics up but can't find any AUX

All my music is on an SD card.

All my music is on an SD card.

Is there a button on the head unit saying aux?
Presumably there is Bluetooth connectivity? I agree that some kind of aux in is essential, as it's great to have Spotify et al. available.

thewinelake said:
Is there a button on the head unit saying aux? Presumably there is Bluetooth connectivity? I agree that some kind of aux in is essential, as it's great to have Spotify et al. available.

I never realised there was an AUX selection on the system. So I've got:
MP3-SD (I use all the time)
Music Register (don't know what this is)
MP3-USB (my phone isn't compatible)
Media Interface (I've got the cable but no attachments)
BT Audio (sound quality is ok- hardly used)
Aux
CD (very rarely used)

Have you tried the USB connectivity?

I basically want to play music through my phone. In fact I'll ring the dealer up from where I bought the car and ask them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom